Thread: Computer using 2 channels?

Just burned his ISO

Default Computer using 2 channels?

Hi, I'm new to backtrack. Recently, i have moved into my cousin's place. He has a wireless router, but for some reason, it wont let me connect wirelessly. He gave me a password but it didn't work. So i came to backtrack to find the wep key. I tried both BT3 and BT4 and tried different things, cant seem to get it working. Anyways, i been trying BT4 lately and i followed a set of instructions i found on a video:
    1. airmon-ng
    2. airodump-ng interface
    3. airodump-ng -w wep -c channel --bssid interface interface
    4. new konsol
    5. aireplay-ng -1 0 -a bssid interface interface
    After step 5, i get this message saying wlan0 is on channel 6, but the AP uses channel 11.
    and i cant go any further due to this problem. Anyone know why? Any help would be appreciated. Or if their is a better way to find wep, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Computer using 2 channels?

Get your cousin to change the key. We don't allow discussion of cracking wireless networks that don't belong to you.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.