Hello,

I have done some research on how to share my wireless connection with the ethernet port on my laptop, but I have ran into some problems and I'm looking for further support.

I installed backtrack4 on the HDD so it's persistent. I connect to my home router using my wireless card and I want to enable ICS on the ethernet port so I can connect a Fonera router that I have.

1- Once I boot into backtrack and run ifconfig I see only the l0 interface listed.
2- I run this command which brings up eth0 and wlan0
Code:
/etc/init.d/wicd start
3- I connect to the internet and able to access all websites. My wlan0 IP is 192.168.1.X
4- I set a static IP to my eth0 using:
Code:
sudo ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0
4-1 I checked and I verified that the IP address and subnet are set as I requested
5- I plug in the Fonera router to the ethernet port and run the following commands in this exact order:
Code:
sudo sh -c "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"
iptables -X
iptables -F
iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE
route del default
route add default gw 192.168.1.X wlan0
(where 192.168.1.X is the IP from wlan0)

Those are all the steps that I followed so far, and so far no luck.
I noticed that I can't be connected to both the wired and wireless connection at the same time. So if I need to go online I need to go to the wicd manager and connect to the wireless and if I need to access the fonera router I need to connect to wired connection which then disconnects me from the wireless.

Note: I have gathered this information from different forum posts thanks to google. I am not sure if it applies to BT4 or not
My questions are:
What am I missing?
Am I doing those steps in the right order?
How can I get to connect to both the wlan0 and eth0 at the same time so I can pass the internet connection to the Fonera on the other end?

Your feedback is much appreciated.