Thread: upgrading backtrack 3 to backtrack 4

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default upgrading backtrack 3 to backtrack 4

Hi, was wondering if anyone know if there is a HOW TO on upgrading my backtrack 3 to backtrack 4 ?

right now I have backtrack 3 on a usb drive with persistent change and is stable. anyone know links or right places to point me with the info that would be great ...Thanks.

You can't upgrade BT3 to BT4 because BT3 is based on the Slackware flavor of Linux while BT4 is based on Ubuntu. It's like saying you want to upgrade Konqueror web browser to Safari. They're both based on similar code but they are not compatible and work differently.

Hope this helps :-)

Just burned his ISO

hey thanks for the quick reply... I guess I will need to install a fresh copy of BT4 over my BT3...

Quote Originally Posted by jinsungmin View Post
    hey thanks for the quick reply... I guess I will need to install a fresh copy of BT4 over my BT3...
    You're welcome,

I just started transitioning from BT3 to BT4 as well. I'm using Vwmare and I will tell you this, it ain't no picnic getting things up and running. Especially when it comes to wireless network settings, the KDesktop crashing and updating the kernel.

Feel free to PM me, as you and I are about at the same place, and we can help each other out.

-GH