Thread: changing NIC speed in backtrack without ethtool

Just burned his ISO

Default changing NIC speed in backtrack without ethtool

The network where I life is a 10mbit connection. My NIC is an realtek RTL8168D/8111D, in Windows I had to change the NIC to 10mbit full duplex to get it working. I gues I need to change it to in backtrack to get the NIC working. I found out that ethtool is the program to fix it, but is isn't in backtrack and and it refers to apt-get but I don't have an internet since the NIC isn't working yet. Is there another way to change the NIC to 10mbit?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym1 View Post
    The network where I life is a 10mbit connection. My NIC is an realtek RTL8168D/8111D, in Windows I had to change the NIC to 10mbit full duplex to get it working. I gues I need to change it to in backtrack to get the NIC working. I found out that ethtool is the program to fix it, but is isn't in backtrack and and it refers to apt-get but I don't have an internet since the NIC isn't working yet. Is there another way to change the NIC to 10mbit?

Thank you.
    Is BT on the same machine as Windows? If so, download it in Windows and load BT and cp the file over.

In case you need the second part: How To Copy Files from a Windows Partition to my Linux Partition? - Ubuntu Forums