Thread: ipw2200 injection patch

Just burned his ISO

Angry ipw2200 injection patch

I know the ipw2200 can be patched for injection but cant seem to find a tutorial for bt4.
    I have put together little bits and pieces and the onl thing I came up with that came close to working was this.

I downloaded the driver,patch, and firmware and did this.

$ tar zxf ieee80211-1.2.17.tar.gz
    $ cd ieee80211-1.2.17
    $ make
    'y' in all Questions
    $ make install
    $ cd ..
    $ tar zxf ipw2200-1.2.1.tgz
    $ tar zxf Patch1.2.1.tar.gz
    move both patch files into ipw folder
    $ cd ipw2200-1.2.1
    $ patch ipw2200.c ipw2200-1.2.1-inject.patch
    $ patch Makefile ipw2200-1.2.1-inject_Makefile.patch

It went well no errors or anything like all the other stuff I tried, but when it was done airodump aireplay ect... wouldnt work I cant remember the message but it was something about dump.
    I will try agian and post the error.

Can some please help me with this.

Default Re: ipw2200 injection patch

why are you trying to patch ? Have the drivers failed to inject for you?

Just burned his ISO

Right, injection test fails on all bssid's.

Through my research I've found that ipw2200 needs to be patched for injection to work.
    Have you used this card for injection and if so how?

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

What type of packet did you try to inject, I have the 2200 in my ibm t42 and it will only work with the aireplay-ng attack -3 which is the arp injection. This works fine for most uses, as long as you can capture an arp request to play back to the AP. The patched drivers for the ipw2200 have been included in bt3 as well as bt4, so they shouldn't need to be modified further unless there is some other problem.

Just burned his ISO

aireplay-ng -3 is the method I am trying to use.

The ap is in the same room so I know I am close enough, but it just wont work.

Just so I am sure, you didn't have to patch your drivers? And are you running bt4? I couldn't get to work in bt3 either.
    Are you using this
    aireplay-ng -3 -a (bssid) -h (client bssid) eth1?
    Are you using any other parameters

Just burned his ISO

Hi, Im having probs with 2200bg (ipw2200) aswell... when I try to inject it says something like the ap is on channel 6 but rtap0 is on channel 0 ...ive tried changing rtap to channel 6 but it doesnt ever work. Can someone who uses this card pleaseeeeee post step by step exactly what they type please (from start to finish) cause this is driving me nuts. I was also looking at updating the drivers but acording to this thread thats not needed... help help help

Just burned his ISO

Finally got it working..... problem is backtrack 4 doesnt like our wireless card for some reason so i downgraded to backtrack 2 and followed this guide Basic injection with ipw2200 and BackTrack v2 for beginners and it worked no problems wooohoooo make sure you update to the latest aircrack-ng or you have to get tons of ivs

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    Finally got it working..... problem is backtrack 4 doesnt like our wireless card for some reason so i downgraded to backtrack 2 and followed this guide Basic injection with ipw2200 and BackTrack v2 for beginners and it worked no problems wooohoooo make sure you update to the latest aircrack-ng or you have to get tons of ivs
    Hello!

I was wondering if you could tell me where you found Backtrack 2? I've looked all over and can't seem to locate it. I also have ipw2200 and can't get it to work with Backtrack4. Thanks!