Thread: Manual ejection of BT cd

Just burned his ISO

Default Manual ejection of BT cd

Using ctrl-alt-del , logout, followed by the command "reboot" and enter, brings me back to my bios where I change the boot order back to my HD. I then boot into W7, but am unable to remove BT disk. This requires a manual ejection of the disk. Following this, closing the drive, I still can not open it. It must still be a manual ejection. The system requires a hard boot for the drive to get back to normal.

Any thoughts on this?
    Thank You.

Quoth the Raven *********

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Manual ejection of BT cd

Have you tried ejecting the cd while you're manipulating the BIOS (or sooner), instead of waiting for windows to boot?

Just burned his ISO

Yes, I have tried that.

Quoth the Raven, *********

what if you use poweroff

Just burned his ISO

Well, if it's happening before windows is even loaded, that mostly rules windows out as a problem. Does it happen if you shutdown and then turn the computer on again instead of rebooting?

Just burned his ISO

Have tried both the shutdown -h now command along with the poweroff command. Following these commands and prior to hitting enter, I am asked to remove the cd. Pushing the button does nothing and I the have to use the" paper clip" to eject. If I let the disk stay , hit enter the pc shuts down. Turning it back on and changing my bios boot order, takes me to w7 where I can then push the button to eject the cd. I can live with this. Thanks to those who responded to my inquiry.