Thread: so after WEP cracking, what's the next thing to do in bt3?

Just burned his ISO

Default so after WEP cracking, what's the next thing to do in bt3?

I'm a total noob that just got into BT3 and stuff, but I'm really interested in learning. The problem is I don't know what to do next or where to start! I did the WEP cracking and there are sooooo many other programs on BT3, but idk what they are or what they do or where I should start next. So can anyone tell me where I can start next in BT3 and then on wards.

Quote Originally Posted by emran2626 View Post
    I'm a total noob that just got into BT3 and stuff, but I'm really interested in learning. The problem is I don't know what to do next or where to start! I did the WEP cracking and there are sooooo many other programs on BT3, but idk what they are or what they do or where I should start next. So can anyone tell me where I can start next in BT3 and then on wards.
    The possibilities are endless... There are lots of threads already posted on what you can use BackTrack for. This is just a few options you could go with.

If you are really interested in learning BackTrack take the Offsec courses:

Information Security - Training Courses Certification

If you do not have the money for the courses then check out:

Heorot.net » De-ICE PenTest LiveCDs Project

Metasploit Unleashed - Mastering the Framework (for charity, please donate if you try it out)

Just burned his ISO

Yeah I DEFINITELY don't have that kind of money for courses. I'm a college student so it wouldn't be wise anyways. But yeah thanks man. I was gonna start the bluetooth hack thing, but I don't know if I should anymore cause what is the point if it's gonna be for 10+ year old phones ya know? I was looking more forward to doing it to iPhones, Blackberries, Sidekick, etc.

Any other suggestions would be nice also. I just need to know what certain programs are good for, not necessarily how to do them because I can probably find that online.

Just burned his ISO

Play around with ettercap. The whole packet sniffing area is very interesting for a beginner.
    This is something that makes you realize just how important security is.

Developer

The tools in the backtrack menu are set in the order they are in for a reason. Start with tool #1 and spend one or two days on mastering each tool. When in doubt. Google