Thread: BT4 with Alfa AWUS036H

Hi all i am totally new
    i am trying with WEP and i have succeeded long time ago.
    Please follow me with these commands and tell me what is wrong:
    for network interfaces list
    Code:
    airmon-ng
    ok now i am using Alfa AWUS036H so the interface should be wlan1
    to put it on monitor mode and change mac address :
    Code:
    airmon-ng stop wlan1
    ifconfig wlan1 down
    macchanger --mac (fake) wlan1
    airmon-ng start wlan1
    here the problem starts after putting the adapter on monitor mode it says that it is on monitor mode on mon0 "new interface"
    and i did my homework and searched the forum
    the results were that BT4 did that and i should do injection within this new interface "mon0"
    while using aireplay-ng with faked mac address within new interface "mon0"
    it simply didnt accept that and shows that the entered mac address is not the working one
    so now the new interface "mon0" have the adapter mac address not the faked one
    help me with his
    another question please , do i need to adjust alfa to work better for injection !

uhmmm that was a silly question
    simply i had to down the new interface then change mac
    Code:
    ifconfig mon0 down
    macchanger --mac (fake) mon0
    ifconfig mon0 up
    sorry again
    Impossible is impossible

Good friend of the forums

one thing I can't understand... why do you need to change your own MAC address? You hiding from yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    one thing I can't understand... why do you need to change your own MAC address? You hiding from yourself?
    don't try to be smart it is my own router and i am just trying this thing, why should i try WEP in the first place and no one using it now it is curiosity
    so iam trying to hide from myself yes.
    thanks for your concern
    Impossible is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    Hi all i am totally new
    i am trying with WEP and i have succeeded long time ago.
    Please follow me with these commands and tell me what is wrong:
    for network interfaces list
    Code:
    airmon-ng
    ok now i am using Alfa AWUS036H so the interface should be wlan1
    to put it on monitor mode and change mac address :
    Code:
    airmon-ng stop wlan1
    ifconfig wlan1 down
    macchanger --mac (fake) wlan1
    airmon-ng start wlan1
    here the problem starts after putting the adapter on monitor mode it says that it is on monitor mode on mon0 "new interface"
    and i did my homework and searched the forum
    the results were that BT4 did that and i should do injection within this new interface "mon0"
    while using aireplay-ng with faked mac address within new interface "mon0"
    it simply didnt accept that and shows that the entered mac address is not the working one
    so now the new interface "mon0" have the adapter mac address not the faked one
    help me with his
    another question please , do i need to adjust alfa to work better for injection !

uhmmm that was a silly question
    simply i had to down the new interface then change mac
    Code:
    ifconfig mon0 down
    macchanger --mac (fake) mon0
    ifconfig mon0 up
    sorry again
    im pretty new myself but it did the samething to me (mon0)
    and i have the alfa awus036h and after i did a little reading on aircrack-ng website i found you HAVE to install the driver AND patch and ur problem will go away but if you have them installed already i dont no what the deal is sorry
    Just your friendly neighborhood cracker

Quote Originally Posted by ReV1500 View Post
    im pretty new myself but it did the samething to me (mon0)
    and i have the alfa awus036h and after i did a little reading on aircrack-ng website i found you HAVE to install the driver AND patch and ur problem will go away but if you have them installed already i dont no what the deal is sorry
    ALFA AWUS036H driver is already installed and patched in BT4 . if i was wrong please anyone correct me
    Impossible is impossible

ALFA AWUS036H driver is already installed and patched in BT4 . if i was wrong please anyone correct me
    if it was it did not work i had to install it its not that hard there is a guide on the aircrack-ng wiki site but it was doing the same thing to me and i did the install now it works fine maybe check into it at this point there is not much you can lose

here is the link r8187 [Aircrack-ng]
    Just your friendly neighborhood cracker

Quote Originally Posted by ReV1500 View Post
    if it was it did not work i had to install it its not that hard there is a guide on the aircrack-ng wiki site but it was doing the same thing to me and i did the install now it works fine maybe check into it at this point there is not much you can lose

here is the link r8187 [Aircrack-ng]
    i am sorry tell me again what is the problem that my card do ! i am the one who opened this thread and i have no idea what is the problem you are talking about !
    i was asking about changing the new interface MAC Address and i said that i did it and typed how i did it
    actually any interface when you put it on monitor mode will be set to monitor with new interface Mon(*)
    i dont have something to lose if i checked the topic you gave me ,but i will not gain anything also i already solved my problem and i saw this page be4.
    anyway thanks for your concern
    Impossible is impossible

i am sorry tell me again what is the problem that my card do ! i am the one who opened this thread and i have no idea what is the problem you are talking about !
    i was asking about changing the new interface MAC Address and i said that i did it and typed how i did it
    actually any interface when you put it on monitor mode will be set to monitor with new interface Mon(*)
    i dont have something to lose if i checked the topic you gave me ,but i will not gain anything also i already solved my problem and i saw this page be4.
    anyway thanks for your concern
    If something works don't touch it.

It's the first unwritten rule of IT
    Google is your best friend :D