Thread: How to make Backtrack 4 USB Live from a Windows XP PC

Just burned his ISO

Default How to make Backtrack 4 USB Live from a Windows XP PC

Friends, Please help me out how to make back track 4 to be used a USB Live DISK from a windows PC.

I have downloaded BT4 iso fom the website and unetbootin-windows-372.exe from the website and processed it. After rebooting the back track boots and shows the boot menu when a select linux swap or any other option it starts and gets halt some time at some kind of prompt or when press startx at the root it gets stuck at the loading Desktop screen. Please help me out. I am doing anything wrong?

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Veeru

When the computer starts up A "login:" prompt appears on the screen, you can see it?

startx failed? so configure your grafik card..... search in the forum and google. (startx, xorg.conf, fixvesa, ati, nvidia)
    where are the error outputs?
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="2"]Nought's had, all's spent, ... Where our desire is got without content
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by veeru2neo View Post
    Friends, Please help me out how to make back track 4 to be used a USB Live DISK from a windows PC.

I have downloaded BT4 iso fom the website and unetbootin-windows-372.exe from the website and processed it. After rebooting the back track boots and shows the boot menu when a select linux swap or any other option it starts and gets halt some time at some kind of prompt or when press startx at the root it gets stuck at the loading Desktop screen. Please help me out. I am doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Veeru
    BackTrack 4 Howto Tutorials and Howtos about BackTrack 4 (NOT for requesting tutorials or how to do anything)

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestor2002 View Post
    BackTrack 4 Howto Tutorials and Howtos about BackTrack 4 (NOT for requesting tutorials or how to do anything)
    Yea, they don't listen. Or read the section title.....

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by veeru2neo View Post

Thanks

Veeru
    I have the same problem - stg wrong with "display driver"