Thread: Question about meterpreter

Just burned his ISO

Default Question about meterpreter

Hello! I have a question about exploiting using meterpreter. If one is to exploit a computer, in this case vista with the smb2 exploit using meterpreter as a payload, will meterpreter "always be there" on the victim computer after the exploit for example like a trojan?

The reason for this is that i want to try and exploit my laptop wich has vista and i use this laptop at school and other public networks so i dont want it to be "already exploited" with meterpreter on it and other exploiters able to "tap in".

Hope the question isnt to confusing...

Hi

If you have a meterpreter session, you can make with metsvc.exe a meterpreter backdoor..or make a meterpreter.exe an make it start after reboot.. (registry, Autostart...
    Give a look at the:Online Course – Metasploit Unleashed – Mastering the Framework

ozzy

What ozzy66 means is that by default, anything is installed on your target machine, but you can if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by hackabear View Post
    Hello! I have a question about exploiting using meterpreter. If one is to exploit a computer, in this case vista with the smb2 exploit using meterpreter as a payload, will meterpreter "always be there" on the victim computer after the exploit for example like a trojan?

The reason for this is that i want to try and exploit my laptop wich has vista and i use this laptop at school and other public networks so i dont want it to be "already exploited" with meterpreter on it and other exploiters able to "tap in".

Hope the question isnt to confusing...
    Meterpreter usually runs as part of the exploited process, or as part of another process if you migrate it. Terminate the process and you terminate Meterpreter, so restarting your machine will put you right. As long as you haven't installed a Meterpreter backdoor of course...

Also, keep in mind that if you can exploit your Vista system using the SMB2 exploit, others on those public networks you connect to will be able to do it too - unless you use a mitigation strategy against the exploit (disable SMB2, block ports at the firewall, etc)
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.