Thread: Timezone Issue

Default Timezone Issue

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I did do a search for it and have not found anything relevant to my issue. No matter which machine I install on my timezone is always an hour behind. I usally do a dual boot with windows, but during install when you choose timezone Chicago is always listed as -5 GMT when it should be -6.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

arche

try dst off

Quote Originally Posted by manulu View Post
    try dst off
    Tried that already. Same result...

Thanks

arche

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arche View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, I did do a search for it and have not found anything relevant to my issue. No matter which machine I install on my timezone is always an hour behind. I usally do a dual boot with windows, but during install when you choose timezone Chicago is always listed as -5 GMT when it should be -6.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

arche
    Try it manually after the install from the command line and make sure it is lined up with what is in the bios, not to mention the other os that you are using.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Try it manually after the install from the command line and make sure it is lined up with what is in the bios, not to mention the other os that you are using.
    After install I can manually do it fine, I was just wondering if there was a problem with the install script showing the wrong timezone time. No matter which machine I install on, it will always gives me the same result and I have to manually change it. When I boot from livecd it always shows the wrong time even though the bios and other OS has the right time. Was not sure if it was a bug, or loose screw behind the keyboard....

arche

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

After install I can manually do it fine, I was just wondering if there was a problem with the install script showing the wrong timezone time. No matter which machine I install on, it will always gives me the same result and I have to manually change it. When I boot from livecd it always shows the wrong time even though the bios and other OS has the right time. Was not sure if it was a bug, or loose screw behind the keyboard....

arche
    If it works then I would say it is not a bug. But who knows.?
    It might be ok after a reboot, but I never paid attention to it, so I am not sure.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

i don't kwon if this has something to do but i do the

apt-get install ntp
    im editin 'couse every time i restar into backtrack the time its 4 hours behind i think it a millenium bug

Just burned his ISO

. . . my timezone is always an hour behind. I usally do a dual boot with windows, but during install when you choose timezone Chicago is always listed as -5 GMT when it should be -6.
    Just shooting into the dark... Are you sure the Chicago timezone is right for you? Is the Chicago timezone the same as that of New York?

I'm with the New York's timezone, which is -5 GMT:

Code:
    $ date
    Sun Nov 15 17:18:37 EST 2009

$ date -R
    Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:20:08 -0500
    BTW, moderator, I think it is time to lift the filtering/delay on my posting now. Check back my posts and you can clearly see that I am not a spammer...

Quote Originally Posted by sfxpt View Post
    BTW, moderator, I think it is time to lift the filtering/delay on my posting now. Check back my posts and you can clearly see that I am not a spammer...
    The requirement for moderator approval of your posts will get automatically lifted after you have been a member for three days. Just wait.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.