Thread: Found and cracked WPA. But can't connect

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Found and cracked WPA. But can't connect

I used the inbuilt wireless adapter Broadcom 802.11g(bcm4xxx) on my laptop to capture handshake file. I ran aircrack-ng with some dictionary and it found the key. I wasn't able to connect to the wireless connection with the cracked password. Some days later i captured another handshake file and wasn't able to crack the password with my dictionaries. So I inferred a change of password by the owner. A few more days later,I captured yet another handshake file and ran aircrack-ng with my dictionary. Aircrack found the key. It was the same password i cracked the first time. I tried to connect with that password again. But yet again no access to the connection.(NOTE: I cracked the 3rd handshake within one hour of capture)Can there be problem with handshake?Does broadcom drivers give fake handshakes? I used Backtrack 3.Please help.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by abccbaabc View Post
    I used the inbuilt wireless adapter Broadcom 802.11g(bcm4xxx) on my laptop to capture handshake file. I ran aircrack-ng with some dictionary and it found the key. I wasn't able to connect to the wireless connection with the cracked password. Some days later i captured another handshake file and wasn't able to crack the password with my dictionaries. So I inferred a change of password by the owner. A few more days later,I captured yet another handshake file and ran aircrack-ng with my dictionary. Aircrack found the key. It was the same password i cracked the first time. I tried to connect with that password again. But yet again no access to the connection.(NOTE: I cracked the 3rd handshake within one hour of capture)Can there be problem with handshake?Does broadcom drivers give fake handshakes? I used Backtrack 3.Please help.
    Do you commit crimes often and then admit to them in a public forum?

Good luck, you're an idiot.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

The thing is I want to give an ethical hacking seminar in my college and i'm cracking my neighbour's wpa. He's a close friend of mine. I'll inform him once i've atleast opened google from his connection. :P

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

The thing is I want to give an ethical hacking seminar in my college and i'm cracking my neighbour's wpa. He's a close friend of mine. I'll inform him once i've atleast opened google from his connection. :P
    Oh sure, and we should believe you why?

You've already committed the crime by doing it without permission.

If you were truly doing something on Ethical hacking, why the hell would you commit a crime do it? You may want to go back and study some more, because you obviously missed something in your classes.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You may want to go back and study some more, because you obviously missed something in your classes.
    Well, he obviously missed the meaning of the word "Ethics".

Next he'll **** his friend's wife, and think he's qualified to give a lecture on why infidelity is bad.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Default Funny

Thorn,

LOL

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Ethics
    Ethics and computers
    Good luck and stop breaking the law.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.