Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wifi card doesnt work

Just burned his ISO

is there some way I can make my modify the backtrack iso so that it includes a wifi manager so that I don't have to reinstall one every time I start up a network because my network uses wpa and it seems a bit complicated to connect to via command line

Leaders in Online Information Security Training » Customising BackTrack Live CD the Easy Way

Personally I think you should try it out, get your hands dirty. If you're afraid of the the command line BT probably isn't for you.

Just burned his ISO

I did it before when I was testing the security of a wep network (hacks fast so now I know never to use PERIOD) without knowing when I was doing the ifup and down and stuff because I was just learning then and following a guide. So I can do it it's just remembering the commands that might be the problem but I could get a hang of it if I wanted but I'm busy with so much more (making a game in c/c++, learning BSD sockets, learing openssl, creating own custom network server to add functionality to computer aka turn computer off from psp, and so much more)

Just burned his ISO

This lead me to the second post which states "By the way Linux reports the Wifi as AR5006EG when it's actually the AR5007."I also using BackTrack 4 NON working hardware.

Just burned his ISO

it's not the hardware driver problems because I was able to get the ifup wlan0 and it scanned and showed my router. Now I just have to figure out how to connect to the internets :|) <- politicians often have double chins

Just burned his ISO

I did it before when I was testing the security of a wep network (hacks fast so now I know never to use PERIOD) without knowing when I was doing the ifup and down and stuff because I was just learning then and following a guide. So I can do it it's just remembering the commands that might be the problem but I could get a hang of it if I wanted but I'm busy with so much more (making a game in c/c++, learning BSD sockets, learing openssl, creating own custom network server to add functionality to computer aka turn computer off from psp, and so much more)

Just burned his ISO

why would you quote me like that? I know i did it while testing the security of a network but I would like to know how to do it for wpa2/p(?) too and the wirless manage was working on that too because I used bt3. I'll have to play with it because I managed to get the network up just need to know how to connect to it.

edit: just got it working i used a tutorial from ubuntu forums for some other driver and It worked. needed to modify the interfaces file

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12