Thread: Cracking WPA

Just burned his ISO

Default Cracking WPA

Hi there

I'm new to cracking wireless have been reading about it for a week and its just something i would like to learn, to increase my knowledge about wireless security etc.

I've cracked my wep key which was easy.

now i'm onto wpa.

I think i know the fundementals about it. I've capture a wpa auth handshake, and now I have to brute force it. But the dics I've used havent found the key. So now i'm wondering where I can find dics with all possiable combinatons of A-Z a-z 0-9 and such for 8 digits.

Or is there an easier way I've missed?

can any1 help?

Just burned his ISO

Though i don't think bruteforcing a wpa key will help you understand wireless security, there is a simple solution to your problem. Generate the wordlist yourself. Saves on time and bandwidth. Research crunch, it will take care of your dictionary needs.

p.s. your dictionary would contain 8^(26+26+10) characters, and thats just for exactly 8 chars in length (no less).

Man Crunch to generate your strings. It provides examples to show for the newer people. It is pretty easy after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 0wn4g3 View Post
    Or is there an easier way I've missed?
    Yes. Write the key in one of your dictionary files. You'll see aircrack will find it.