Thread: pytit help !

Default pytit help !

hi, please forgive me if this sounds like am complaining, coz really am not its just i cant understand something.

basically what it is Ive bought an all sining all dancing Acer laptop and it rocks, and my PMK's rate is around 1060 witch is very nice, however why does it take forever to export it over to a airolib-ng database.

wordlist 1.2gb

batch process time (pyrit) 48 hrs
    export time (airolib-ng) 62 hrs !

So even if you boosted it with Nvidia or ATI card at around 50,000 PMK's it would still take a very long time to export it over to airolib-ng in order for you to use it, so why won't pyrit just do a hash database state off the bat with no converting & exporting as this would be easyer. ? I now i could just use Airolib-ng strate off witch is good, however it only computes at 170 PMK's for some reason and not the 500 or so for core 1. any ideas ?

I am guessing your trying to crack a wpa encrypted cap file?

Are you using BT4 pre-final?

You can pipe pyrit straight into cowpatty or aircrack. There are a few threads already on this. Search for the cuda threads, these have the commands your looking for.

I recommend trying out cowpatty.

Developer

export to a cowpatty file is much faster. The problem with exporting to airolib is that there are sqlite3 limitations which we have no control over. The other options are to use passthrough mode or if you use the latest pyrit svn it can crack all by itself eliminating the need for cowpatty or aircrack. It is experimental though so you milage may vary.

thanks guys for your help. i managed that "pipe" option, i dint realize that you could do that. ! and it works grate. you guys are the best !.

and thanks for putting up with noobs like me asking silly questions. lol