Thread: No data (IV's) or ARP requests

Just burned his ISO

Default No data (IV's) or ARP requests

I performed every command correctly when trying to crack wep, still I got no data or ARP requests. My network is wep encrypted. Is my router or my wireless card the cause of this problem?

And when I tried to run /etc/init.d/wicd start
    I got this: Network connection manager wicd failed!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Simen236 View Post
    I performed every command correctly when trying to crack wep, still I got no data or ARP requests. My network is wep encrypted. Is my router or my wireless card the cause of this problem?

Thank you
    You hardly gave any info regarding your problem. Besides, that question is widely covered here in the forums and all your previous posts shows lack of research. Use the search function.

Just burned his ISO

Ok, I followed the instructions in the second video on youtube when searching for "backtrack 4 wep crack".

I got an Intel card, 5100/5300. My network connectio is now working.

I still only got like 40 data and 0 ARP requests

Should I buy a cheap wireless usb card that I know is working?

Intel A/G/N card's driver still in development.although aircrack-ng supports Intel 5100 A/G/N for both monitoring/injection.
    Buy a cheaper supported USB Wireless NIC.find out using search function.

Just burned his ISO

So you believe my network card is the problem? And recommends me buying a cheap usb card that I know is supported?

Also, do I need to install graphics drivers and network drivers in BT 4 do get the process working properly? Because the network connection is working.

Just burned his ISO

Do you think you need to install graphics drivers?? can you see BT4 when its booted??

Again you fail to give any information.... how can people know if you need to install your graphics card!?!? what graphics card! and why do you ask? is there a specific issue?

Please consider your posts more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Simen236 View Post
    So you believe my network card is the problem? And recommends me buying a cheap usb card that I know is supported?
    I recommend you search the forums, there are dozens of posts regarding which are the best wireless cards to work with, or where to see if a specific card works with BT4. You can look at a site of a shop near you and see which USB cards they have. For example, if they have TP-link WN321G, search for "wn321g+chipset", it will give you rt73. Then search "rt73+injection" and read until you find some information about whether it works or not with injection. If it works and you like the price, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ee0u30eb View Post
    Do you think you need to install graphics drivers?? can you see BT4 when its booted??

Again you fail to give any information.... how can people know if you need to install your graphics card!?!? what graphics card! and why do you ask? is there a specific issue?

Please consider your posts more carefully.
    Wow, Cowboy! Calm down your horses