Thread: [Error] Booting Up Dradis Server

Just burned his ISO

Default [Error] Booting Up Dradis Server

Heya,

I've been using backtrack for quite sometime and it's really great!

I'm having some issues booting up Dradis Server.

Here's the output from the terminal:

Code:
    [2009-09-22 22:38:55] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=11647 port=3004

[2009-09-22 22:52:30] ERROR OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_accept returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv2/v3 read client hello A: http request
            /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/ssl.rb:166:in `accept'
    And then it keeps retrying always unsuccesfuly.
    When I ctrl+c I get this:

Code:
    [2009-09-22 22:54:09] INFO  going to shutdown ...

[2009-09-22 22:54:09] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start done.
    But it doesn't work, of course.

I have all the pre-requisites for Dradis as I checked their website, did everything manually and then used their checker.

Apparently is something related to SSH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance

Just burned his ISO

Talking Dradis Error

I had the same problem the first time I started the Dradis server. What made the difference for me was using:

https:

vs

http:

u just need to use https protocol in you web browser. Then you'll get a log on screen to create a pass. Hope this helps.

Just burned his ISO

Dradis just won't launch for me. Here's what I get:

root@BT4:/pentest/misc/dradis/server/script# ./server
    => Booting WEBrick...
    => Rails application started on
    => Ctrl-C to shutdown server; call with --help for options
    /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:54:in `initialize': No such file or directory - configey.insecure (Errno::ENOENT)
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:54:in `open'
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:54:in `dispatch'
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:66
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_i
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
    from /pentest/misc/dradis/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:39
    from ./server:5:in `require'
    from ./server:5

I also tried the latest version 2.4 and this is what I get:

=> Booting WEBrick...
    /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/sqlite3_adapter.rb:29:in `table_structure': Could not find table 'categories' (ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid)
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/object/misc.rb:28:in `returning'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/sqlite3_adapter.rb:28:in `table_structure'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/sqlite_adapter.rb:189:in `columns'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1080:in `columns'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1093:in `column_names'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1106:in `column_methods_hash'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1555:in `all_attributes_exists?'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/inflector.rb:257:in `all?'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1555:in `each'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1555:in `all?'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1555:in `all_attributes_exists?'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1483:in `method_missing'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/plugins/word_export/init.rb:4:in `evaluate_init_rb'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb:79:in `evaluate_init_rb'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in `silence_warnings'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb:75:in `evaluate_init_rb'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb:39:in `load'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb:33:in `load_plugins'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb:32:in `each'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb:32:in `load_plugins'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:189:in `load_plugins'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:105:in `process'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in `send'
    from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in `run'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/config/environment.rb:19
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:59
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
    from /root/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:39
    from ./server:5:in `require'
    from ./server:5
    root@BT4:~/dradis-2.4/server/script#

ok after smacking my forehead I found a fix.

do:
    vi /pentest/misc/dradis-2.4/server/vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb

go down to line 54 and edit the lines to look like it shows below:

pkey = OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(File.open('/pentest/misc/dradis/server/config/ssl/server.key.insecure').read)
    cert = OpenSSL::X509::Certificate.new(File.open('/pentest/misc/dradis/server/config/ssl/server.crt').read)

The file you edited can't find the certs without the full path to where they are located.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by h@cker View Post
    I had the same problem the first time I started the Dradis server. What made the difference for me was using:

https:

vs

http:

u just need to use https protocol in you web browser. Then you'll get a log on screen to create a pass. Hope this helps.
    this worked for me. thank you

Just burned his ISO

macubergeek, correct. Here are how lines 54 and 55 read for me, which fixed it. It's possible that if you execute it from one directory "higher" the references would be correct and it'd work.

Code:
        pkey = OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(File.open('/pentest/misc/dradis/server/config/ssl/server.key.insecure').read)
        cert = OpenSSL::X509::Certificate.new(File.open('/pentest/misc/dradis/server/config/ssl/server.crt').read)

dradis is really awesome and I'll use it for any assessment engagements. Through heavily development, there are still minor issues, therefore I've created a simple shell script to automate some of the cool functions (definitely check out the import plugins and the word export function, definitely worthwhile!!)

Here you can download the script, but don't start it without modifications and having a look through..still in early alpha stage and tested with my customized dradis version!

It includes functions, to setup differet environments, importing predefined templates, secure backups & resetting to a clean stage for new engagements..

http://zerohat.de/xchange/startDradis_1.3

I've to incorporate some of the feedback from etd (dradis development) gave me...