Thread: How to create an encrypted hard drive with

Just burned his ISO

Default How to create an encrypted hard drive with

I want to create an encrypted hard drive with plausible deniability and I would also like to be able to use double encryption like I can with truecrypt and have aes on top of twofish or whatever combo I would use. I'm not saying I would use all of it but it would really be nice to have and I would really like the plausible deniability. And I plan on installing backtrack 4 with these, would this work for ubuntu as well.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkehon View Post
    I want to create an encrypted hard drive with plausible deniability and I would also like to be able to use double encryption like I can with truecrypt and have aes on top of twofish or whatever combo I would use. I'm not saying I would use all of it but it would really be nice to have and I would really like the plausible deniability.
    I agree, that would be nice.

And I plan on installing backtrack 4 with these
    Good for you. Let us know how it goes. Perhaps you can write a tutorial on it.

would this work for ubuntu as well.
    You probably want to ask this at a Ubuntu forum...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I already posted it on the ubuntu forums and I haven't gotten any responses and since backtrack is good for cracking/penetration/encryption I though there would be some guide out there (that I couldn't find) that tell you how to do plausible deniability.

I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it works:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bac...tml#post148016

Post back if you try it. I'm curious if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMZOMBIE View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it works:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bac...tml#post148016

Post back if you try it. I'm curious if it works.
    Yes, that works. I think I have a post in there with links to the ubuntu forums about this as well.

Just burned his ISO

when you encrypt a filesystem using crypt luks (like i did with ubuntu using the alternate cd) how does the password for the encryption checking get stored? I would how it would use a good hash algorithm to get create the password and to also unencrypt the file system in the same way (taking a hash of the entered password and using it do decrypt the filesystem)

Just burned his ISO

I'll have to do/try this later because ubuntu (encrypted) frooze and halted on me for a long time will doing this and I had to pull out the flash drive to clear it up. I'll let it run when I'm not busy although I can't figure out why it does that. Also how strong is crypt luks and I searched it up for a quick sec and couldn't find out how it worked but I found out that it can have 8 different passwords which can easily be added/removed. How is this possible and how does it work?