Thread: having a problem with installation

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

hi guys,i have a problem with my BT(PRE)Final installation,i can't install it from the the ISO image to my sun virtualbox virtual drive,but i can run the ISO in it,the problem is :

when i start to install it i get a message that say error in the language,then after the installation go on and after i complete the partitioner i get error in file copying to disk when i reach maybe 35-40% ,if i can run the ISO every time and i can use it's tools why i can't just installing it ?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by memo2009 View Post
    hi guys,i have a problem with my BT(PRE)Final installation,i can't install it from the the ISO image to my sun virtualbox virtual drive,but i can run the ISO in it,the problem is :

when i start to install it i get a message that say error in the language,then after the installation go on and after i complete the partitioner i get error in file copying to disk when i reach maybe 35-40% ,if i can run the ISO every time and i can use it's tools why i can't just installing it ?

regards
    is it that hard?

prowl3r

Don't bump your thread. If you do, you limit your chances of getting help here.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by prowl3r View Post
    Don't bump your thread. If you do, you limit your chances of getting help here.
    i didn't do that ,and if you noticed i waited to the next day , thanks for your help and the advice too

i didn't do that ,and if you noticed i waited to the next day , thanks for your help and the advice too
    Are you using the installer? Have you tried a manual install?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Are you using the installer? Have you tried a manual install?
    hi,how i can do that?

regards

hi,how i can do that?

regards
    Automatic: Run, install script. Might want to check out: Up and Running Backtrack 4 - Offensive Security

Also check out the other videos on the offensive-security site as there are lots of other useful tutorials.

Manual: I used this as a reference and it worked fine for me: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bac...dual-boot.html.

There are lots of other tutorials in the 'How To' section, you should check it out. Also, please try searching the forums and Google a little bit more. I know it can be quite intimidating when you first come here because you feel like you have millions of questions and can't find the answers to them. The answers are there, you just need to try harder. Good luck.