Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get auditor-200605-02-ipw2100-2 To boot from Pendrive.

Just burned his ISO

Default How to get auditor-200605-02-ipw2100-2 To boot from Pendrive.

Hello, I've been having a problem and require a little more help from people who understand .
    I've downloaded auditor-200605-02-ipw2100-2 I've burnt this file as a bootable CD-Rom and that worked fine.
    Except that when it boots, it claims something is wrong [I will take a picture soon after writing this] it says that it cannot complete something [I’m amusing it cannot write to the disk] and that it is going to a limited shell.
    I have used this bootable ISO, in VMware and it worked fine. No problems at all. It done exactly want I wanted.
    So, assuming it won’t work of a CD because it cannot write. I would need to put it onto my pen drive [assuming this would work too + it would be more convenient]

I have tried various places on how to do it and don’t understand a lot of it, somebody told me to get "MySLAX Creator" But this appears to only support Slax.

I could not take a print screen as you would have not been able to read it. Instead i will quote what i said.
    Welcome to Auditor Security Collection

Can’t Find KANOTIX file system sorry.
    Dropping you to a (Very Limited) shell.

Press restart Button To quit.
    /Static/ash; Can’t Access tty; Job Control turned off
    Kanotix#
    I will just add that I have had many problems similar to this. And it was related to the fact that i have SATA DVD drives. Encase it helps, I will note down my system specifications.
    Intel Q6600 CPU
    4X1GB Crucial Ballistics @ 1066Mhz
    8800GT OC2 BFG
    Asus P5k – Premium Wi-Fi Edition.
    500Gb HDD Western Digital SATA
    Asus DVD +- Dual layer SATA Drive.
    So, my question to you is. How can I get either this disk to boot correctly under CD rom?
    Or how can I make this disk so that it is bootable of a 1 GB USB Flash drive.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    I will get the picture in a moment.
    Ummm, have the camera ready to take a pic of yourself when you realize that it's 2008 and BT2 Final and BT3 Beta are out.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

I'm Sorry. But I don’t quiet understand which version i need. And what have you.

This version you have said here. Is this what i will need to crack a wep key? Can it do it?

Please do excuse me. I am new to this.

And also, Please tell me how to make it bootable of a pen drive. That would be greatly appreciated

Just burned his ISO

Hello, I've been having a problem and require a little more help from people who understand .

I've downloaded auditor-200605-02-ipw2100-2 I've burnt this file as a bootable CD-Rom and that worked fine.

Except that when it boots, it claims something is wrong [I will take a picture soon after writing this] it says that it cannot complete something [Iím amusing it cannot write to the disk] and that it is going to a limited shell.
    I have used this bootable ISO, in VMware and it worked fine. No problems at all. It done exactly want I wanted.

So, assuming it wonít work of a CD because it cannot write. I would need to put it onto my pen drive [assuming this would work too + it would be more convenient]

I have tried various places on how to do it and donít understand a lot of it, somebody told me to get "MySLAX Creator" But this appears to only support Slax.

I could not take a print screen as you would have not been able to read it. Instead i will quote what i said.
    Welcome to Auditor Security Collection

Canít Find KANOTIX file system sorry.
    Dropping you to a (Very Limited) shell.

Press restart Button To quit.
    /Static/ash; Canít Access tty; Job Control turned off
    Kanotix#

I will just add that I have had many problems similar to this. And it was related to the fact that i have SATA DVD drives. Encase it helps, I will note down my system specifications.

Intel Q6600 CPU
    4X1GB Crucial Ballistics @ 1066Mhz
    8800GT OC2 BFG
    Asus P5k Ė Premium Wi-Fi Edition.
    500Gb HDD Western Digital SATA

So, my question to you is. How can I get either this disk to boot correctly under CD rom?
    Or how can I make this disk so that it is bootable of a 1 GB USB Flash drive.
    Thanks in advance.

Developer

Html33 Auditor is no longer supported. Auditor and whax have merged together in to one distro called Backtrack. This happened quite a few years ago. We currently have 2 versions available for download from remote-exploit.com. Backtrack2 final and Backtrack 3 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    I'm Sorry. But I donít quiet understand which version i need. And what have you.

This version you have said here. Is this what i will need to crack a wep key? Can it do it?

Please do excuse me. I am new to this.

And also, Please tell me how to make it bootable of a pen drive. That would be greatly appreciated
    There is a great deal of documentation here on how to create a bootable USB stick of a BackTrack 2 or BackTrack 3 Beta installation. Use the search feature of this forum and read the BackTrack wiki.

There are other tools that may be easier for you if you are ONLY trying to crack a single WEP key... is this only what you are wanting? Give me a bit more detail and I can help you better
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    There is a great deal of documentation here on how to create a bootable USB stick of a BackTrack 2 or BackTrack 3 Beta installation. Use the search feature of this forum and read the BackTrack wiki.

There are other tools that may be easier for you if you are ONLY trying to crack a single WEP key... is this only what you are wanting? Give me a bit more detail and I can help you better
    Thanks. Yes. You are correct. I am trying to only crack one Wiraless Wep key.

I have just noticed an Admin posted a sticky forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7375showthread.php?t=7375 Of drivers. I was looking and can not find my one. I have Realtek RTL8185L Onboard and i found a list of drivers located realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5& ProdID=36&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=tru e#352"]realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5& ProdID=36&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=tru e#352 I'm not sure if that is the correct file that i would need? Or even if i would need it.

And thanks for the very quick responce.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post

Yes you are correct i am only trying to crack one wep key. and am unsure on how to do this.

I have also just found a sticky of a post with drivers in it. would this be a problem with mine? because i cant seem to find my one as such. I have a Realtek RTL8185L Onboard Wiraless i did find some Unix/Linux drivers on their site. But i'm unsure if i need them. Or even how to install them.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Apricate it alot.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Where did you find auditor anyways? I searched for hours specifically for auditor and everything was a dead end.

Here's backtrack, download and burn it like auditor. Only Backtrack 3 beta has the ability to be written to a usb flash drive.

http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html

Sometimes I think there should be a seperate linux live cd that only has wireless junk on it since thats all most of these newbs want.

DVD drives are now using SATA?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Where did you find auditor anyways? I searched for hours specifically for auditor and everything was a dead end.

Here's backtrack, download and burn it like auditor. Only Backtrack 3 beta has the ability to be written to a usb flash drive.

Sometimes I think there should be a seperate linux live cd that only has wireless junk on it since thats all most of these newbs want.

DVD drives are now using SATA?
    Thank you very much for that link. Will that work stright of the bat with my wiraless card?

And from that link im guessing i should download "Description: USB Version (Extended)"

Well, I've started downloading that now thankyou.

Sorry about my double post i have done there. Saying the same thing. I didint realised that my account needs to have all my posts activated by an admin because i havent been here 3 days.

I would link you to where i got it from today. But cant becasuse they are rapidshare links.

But you are welcome to add my Msn : html3333@hotmail.com for me to give them to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast