Thread: Eee 901 and VGA / Clone Monitor Display?

Just burned his ISO

Default Eee 901 and VGA / Clone Monitor Display?

Hello there,

thanks to all you guys I got Backtrack 3 with persistent Changes on USB Stick and the 901_net_gfx File with the drivers nice and smoothly running. Thanks!

But theres one more thing I need to get working: The VGA Output. Best as Clone of the Eee Display. I need that because I'm going to do an speech at my class about WLan Security, which will include an Live Hack of my own Wlan Router (WEP at this Day ^^).

So.. and to connect up the Beamer, I need the VGA Output working. So... could somebody help me?

Thank you very much!

Xeno

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

My surf (which I believe is actually a 701, but the h/w differences are minimal) requires the VGA to be plugged in as per a projector device, then so long as it is ok in the BIOS, it just works. Have you tried it that way first?
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Hello Gitsnik!

Thank you very much for your answer.
    Sadly I tried this already - with no luck.
    The VGA does work until the moment kdm kicks in.
    ( So commandline output of the boot works, but as kde is starting, the external Display turns black and loses connection )

I use this init:

menu label BT3 Graphics mode (Eee901) – Save Changes
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append vga=785 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw load=901_net_gfx autoexec=kdm changes=/dev/sda2

Any ideas about it`?

Thank you very much,

Xeno

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Just to be sure - is the monitor you are using capable of going small enough? One of my LCD screens won't work for this purpose because of the size.

Firing up wesside-ng (or doing it manually across a couple of consoles) is all you really need for your demonstration though, so it may well be a moot question (if you are happy with the l33t hax0ring from the non-gui console (remove the autoexec=kdm bit), this may well be enough.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah,
    I'm quite positive,
    as the screen works also on boot - in which he needs to get further down - and normally gives an sign when he does go "to further" down - and it told me it didn#t get any signal... and theres no second monitor in the options in backtrack as well...

xrax or such does only show the internal display.

well would be fun, but l33t showing an power point presentation / html stuff in lynx ain't that funny.. so i need that vga clone badly (and quite soon as it turns out... monday ^^')

thank you very much,

xeno