Thread: It WILL NOT boot from usb no matter what!

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation It WILL NOT boot from usb no matter what!

Hello everyone!
    I am having a problem with my BT4, first i got the pre-release, but then it didnt have a bootinst.bat or .sh and people reported boot problems, so i got the beta, and this one has an sh and a bat, i am running ubuntu, so i tried running the sh and it says press any key to continue, so no key works, i hit enter, and i think it worked, it said something about like filesystem for less then a second in the terminal, so i thought it worked, but i rebooted, and i found it didnt

So...I am sad :'(

I got it to run in virtualbox from the .iso, but it is slow and i cant save anything, and i cant get any wireless etc.

Can anyone help me please?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBabz View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am having a problem with my BT4, first i got the pre-release, but then it didnt have a bootinst.bat or .sh and people reported boot problems, so i got the beta, and this one has an sh and a bat, i am running ubuntu, so i tried running the sh and it says press any key to continue, so no key works, i hit enter, and i think it worked, it said something about like filesystem for less then a second in the terminal, so i thought it worked, but i rebooted, and i found it didnt

So...I am sad :'(

I got it to run in virtualbox from the .iso, but it is slow and i cant save anything, and i cant get any wireless etc.

Can anyone help me please?
    Try the shift key once in a while and someone might be able to read what you are asking.
    Not to mention there are several thousand billion threads on getting bt4 to run. Not sure how much "support" you are going to get for virtual box or whatever.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.