Thread: Installing realtek drivers in VMware player

Just burned his ISO

Default Installing realtek drivers in VMware player

Bare with me as im a total newb to back track. Im running backtrack 3 in the VMware player. I have the drivers for my wireless network card (rtl8187b) but im wondering how to install them if that is at all possible while running it in a virtual player? Can any of you intelligent people help me get it up and running so i can connect to my home network

Quote Originally Posted by sutts88 View Post
    Bare with me as im a total newb to back track. Im running backtrack 3 in the VMware player. I have the drivers for my wireless network card (rtl8187b) but im wondering how to install them if that is at all possible while running it in a virtual player? Can any of you intelligent people help me get it up and running so i can connect to my home network
    Rtl8187b won't inject well. I managed to get it working some times under BT3 but it just wasn't worth the effort. As for installation, use google and search on how to install drivers under linux.

Exactly why are you using bt3 and not bt4 pre final? Apart from using r8187b on aircrack-ng.org's site which is in its beta state.

Had you used bt4 beta or even better bt4 pre final, the driver rtl8187 could handle the device better.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    Had you used bt4 beta or even better bt4 pre final, the driver rtl8187 could handle the device better.
    No, it doesn't...

EDIT: Sorry, yes it does... I thought he was asking for injection... My bad!

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by sutts88 View Post
    I would first suggest you use a VM application (e.g. Vmware Workstation or Virtual Box) which allows you to save changes to the BT3 (or any other) virtual machine.

Personally, I use Vmware Workstation and activation is not a problem if you know where to look.

Developer

Personally, I use Vmware Workstation and activation is not a problem if you know where to look.
    I just deleted your torrent post and did not give you a infraction however making a post like this 10 mins later is like saying F you and your stupid rules. If you want to be a thieving douchebag homo then please go do it somewhere else. There are plenty of Internet forums dedicated to torrenting and oth forums of breaking the law. We dont care for you type here

KTHXBYE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeeshkull View Post
    I would first suggest you use a VM application (e.g. Vmware Workstation or Virtual Box) which allows you to save changes to the BT3 (or any other) virtual machine.
    Why would he use vmware workstation if he has vmware player for free (and legal)? The only relevant thing it has different from vmplayer is that you can create your own VM's... And Remote-Exploit has VM images freely available to download. So... What's the point??

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Why would he use vmware workstation if he has vmware player for free (and legal)? The only relevant thing it has different from vmplayer is that you can create your own VM's... And Remote-Exploit has VM images freely available to download. So... What's the point??
    Not to mention vmware server can do the same thing and it is free, as well one can make vmx files at EasyVMX!: Virtual Machine Creator too.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.