Thread: aireplay-ng

Just burned his ISO

Default aireplay-ng

Hello, Im new to backtrack 3.

i recived a tut on how to start using bt3 from a friend and watched some videos on youtube. everything seems to be working but it takes fovereve to gather data. on youtube it suggeded trying to force some data backandforth by using he command

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (BSSID) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55  -e eesid eth1
    after the first command it give me the assoc :-) sign which im told is good then to proceed to the next line

Code:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1
    which look like are a bunch of ARP request. the seem to to running just fine, the screen is scrolling and everything but whne i look back at the # data field nothing is happing. in the video it show the data just sky rocketing. mine just remains pretty slow.

any suggstions why or how to boost data packets?

thanks for your support.

-Mr. Trashcan

Edit: im running vmware with BT3 with a belkin f5d7050 adapter, just thaought i might add that

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

What security do you have on your router (actually I think it is something a little more fundamental than that, but you know - for completeness sake). Also, make a list of every command you use that pertains to the wireless deal - that way we can see if you've missed something or not.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

I just double check and my network is running on wep

as I mentioned before I recive a very basic tut:

Code:
    1)airmon-ng stop eth1
    2)ifconfig eth1 down
    3)macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1
    4)airmon-ng start eth1
    5)airodump-ng eth1
    6)airodump-ng -c (channel) -w (file name) --BSSID (BSSID) eth1

to invoke more data faster
    7)aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (BSSID) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55  -e eesid eth1
    8)aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1
    9)aircrack-ng -b (BSSID) (filename-01.cap)
    since I locked my network very little data is being moved so it would take a long time to gather enough. My friend sent me a link to a youtube video that had step 7 and 8. If i understand correctly the first one assoc my system then step 8 does a bunch of ARP packages.

I run step 7 and it say im good to go with the :-) then when i go to step 8 it says reading packets (which takes along time sometimes, and other times it just sits there reading with out starting the ARP request) and then starts. when i just my #Data it does not jet up like the video.

once again appreciate your guys time for helping some one new.

-Trashcan889

Just burned his ISO

i think i got it working, but I have another question, my buddie set up an ad hoc network and when everything works fine until

Code:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1
    it just sit there saying reading packets and then never starts the ARP requests.

why does it just sit there reading packets?

thanks,

-Trashcan889

Hey Trashcan (and I mean that in a non-offensive way), may I suggest you follow some more tutorials, and try to actually understand what the commands do?
    It will be much easier for you to understand what's going wrong (if anything). Seriously, read up on ARP packets, Injection and WEP cracking in general, it's quite interesting actually.

Have you confirmed your nic supports injection?

Just burned his ISO

hmm okay, I did some more research on ARP injection and came across some information. The reason that it just sits at reading packets is because it first need to cap an ARP packet. Im not absoultly sure if I understand this but to use the ARP attack you first need to cap an authincation. Now if I tell my buddie to use his computer and see some data flow I can use the deauth attack (-0) to knock him off and cap a authication then use the arp attack, a second option would be, to let aireplay-ng -3 run first then run aireplay-ng -1 to invoke a ARP package myself?
    If im tottaly off is there any good tuts that you can send me to, for further research?

TheLaw: yes if i run aireplay-ng -9 it lets me know the injection is working

Thanks for your time,

-Trashcan889