Thread: Please help set up madwifi drivers for Atheros 9281

Just burned his ISO

Default Please help set up madwifi drivers for Atheros 9281

Hi guys, although i have been using Ubuntu for a couple of years now, hacking wifi is all very new to me. I have seen and read a few tutorials on how to crack wep/wpa but my problem is kinda strange.
    I have an Atheros 9281 chipset mini pci-e card in my dell inspiron 1545 which i installed myself.
    I have successfully installed BT4 on a 20GB partition of my drive in my laptop.
    Currently i am set up using WEXT drivers and they work for my wireless card to get me online, but i REALLY wanna use the Madwifi drivers. I have installed them from synaptics.
    Everytime i try to change from WEXT to any other driver, my wireless won't connect to my router or any other AP, yet when i change back, i get online right away.
    Can ANYBODY please tell me how to change to the Madwifi drivers successfully, because this is driving me MAD!!!!!!!

Thanks

Predtech

I don't think your adapter is supported by madwifi. Try the ath9k drivers from h++p://wireless.kernel.org/

Just burned his ISO

Yes it is supported. I already checked that out.
    Coincidentally, are the ATH9K drivers any good for wifi hacking???

Just burned his ISO

>>install madwifi-ng drivers<<
    heya my friend ..maybe ath9k drivers are good for you ,i don't know try them..i got problems with normal drivers from BT4 got ath5k ..the networking is working but the injection didn't work for me ..so i installed the madwifi-ng drivers now it works fine ..not the new drivers from madwifi proj ...go on aicrack-ng page under the drivers and patches page and u will find there how to install them ..follow the instructions ...move the file..black list it ...install..reboot ..and will work ...//paos(bye)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makabrys View Post
    >>install madwifi-ng drivers<<
    heya my friend ..yao maybe ath9k are good dnoo try them..i got problems with normal drivers from BT4 got ath5k ..the networking is working but the injection noup..so i installed the madwifi-ng drivers now it works fine ..not the new drivers from madwifi proj ...go on aicrack-ng page under the drivers and patches page and u will find there how to install them ..follow the instructions ...move the file..black list it ...install..reboot ..and will work ...//paos
    I will give you credit and say that maybe English is not your first language but can you please help us out and translate the above highlighted words. That and the occasional use of the shift key will help us to understand/help you, and others.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.