Thread: Mutil-Language Support

Just burned his ISO

Default Mutil-Language Support

The first thing is, I really think that BackTrack is a kind of wonderful OS!

But the second thing is, there is no other language packages in BackTrack, even in BackTrack4 pre-final

I'm a Chinese, the fact is that I can't do many things without zh-cn language package, such as view chinese web page, type chinese in doc, etc...

This is not only my personal advice, but also all of chinese users and fans of BackTrack's wishes.

If you need some help, you can post message to me, thank you, thank everybody here !

if you have instructions for getting chinese up and running in BackTrack , post them here, and we will look into it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    if you have instructions for getting chinese up and running in BackTrack , post them here, and we will look into it.
    Thanks!
    Is there a program or something to make it possible to translate BT4 to other languages? It would be nice to have a multi-language distro. (although I prefer it in english)

Just burned his ISO

You can install Chinese language support through Synaptic Package Manager.

1. System->Synaptic Package Manager, then search all "zh" packages(what you need) to install.
    2. Settings->Regional & Accessibility->Country/Region & Language, then add "Jian Ti Zhong Wen"(sorry, can't input chinese here by SCIM). At this time you can set your desktop environment to Chinese and refresh Firefox to browse Chinese website.

But still can't do chinese input in BT 4 as SCIM can't work well in KDE environment. Such problems about these daily use but not pan-testing issues you may check Ubuntu forum as BT 4 base on Ubuntu 8.10.

Quote Originally Posted by ebola View Post
    The first thing is, I really think that BackTrack is a kind of wonderful OS!

But the second thing is, there is no other language packages in BackTrack, even in BackTrack4 pre-final

I'm a Chinese, the fact is that I can't do many things without zh-cn language package, such as view chinese web page, type chinese in doc, etc...

This is not only my personal advice, but also all of chinese users and fans of BackTrack's wishes.

If you need some help, you can post message to me, thank you, thank everybody here !

Just burned his ISO

google "SKIM" in ubuntu forum and you can find solutions.