Thread: backtrack 3 "boot error"

Just burned his ISO

Question backtrack 3 "boot error"

i am new in BT3 i downloaded the usb versions, extracted it using winrar, copied both folders to my 2GB Kingston (formatted FAT32), runed bootinst.bat, set my PC to boot from usb. when i booted from the usb i got a message "boot error" tried unetbootin-windows-357.exe same problem tried it on a different PC it gave me a message saying "missing operating system" tried formatting the usb in FAT mode didn't work either, tried updating my bios same problem.
    i need help sorting that out, any one have any ideas???

thats something that frustrated me to

you should try to donwload and install ubuntu inside windows

there is a option in ubunutu to make ur usb run a bootable os

but its a pretty long road maybe some else has a better solution..

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation unformatable flash drive !!!

already have ubuntu but not under windows, but i dont know how to make usb bootable, any way know i have a new problem, while i was trying to sort the boot error problem i found on one of the forums that i have to make it partitioned so i tried to and i dont know what happened, know when i plug my flash using windows it doesnt show in my computer but it does show in the safely remove but with no drive letter not even the manager can see it, in ubuntu it doesnt mount i see it in computer but when i double click on it a message comes saying "unable to mount location - no media in drive " and i think the flash drive is now RAW and i cant format it using Gnome format saying "could not stat device - no such file or directory"
    any suggestions????

I'd check the contents of bootinst.bat, probably something in there stuffed up your usb setup. It shouldn't make the filesystem RAW.. it should be retained as FAT32 with the drive letter visible along with the contents inside it.

probably somewhere in bootinst.bat stuffed up the TOC.