Thread: Firewall evasion techniques?

Smile Firewall evasion techniques?

Hello people.

I was wondering if some of you have some literature/links to share about evading firewalls, excluding techniques as reverse shells where social engineering is needed as the user have to execute the binary that establish the connection.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by knithx View Post
    Hello people.

I was wondering if some of you have some literature/links to share about evading firewalls, excluding techniques as reverse shells where social engineering is needed as the user have to execute the binary that establish the connection.

Thank you!
    Firewall/IDS Evasion and Spoofing

By the way, you don't necessarily need social engineering to get someone to trigger a reverse shell. You have heard of drive by downloads haven't you?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

I'm sure if you put "firewall evasion" or "IDS evasion" into google you'll end up with a couple hundred thousand relevant links/docs in about 0.045 sec.

Even just try "nmap --help" and you can learn lots about evasion techniques.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.