Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Programing learning

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Programing learning

    For backtrack which programing language is the most useful? C? phyton? perl? or bash?? im trying to decide on which one to start learning..

  2. #2
    Member zWiReDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I found the search button to be the best, or google.

    But in all seriousness, most likely bash/pearl.
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

  3. #3
    My life is this forum Snayler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zWiReDz View Post
    I found the search button to be the best, or google.

    But in all seriousness, most likely bash/pearl.
    He was only asking for opinions.

    SuperMiguel, my advice would be to try a little of everything, and go with the one you adapt better. Different people like different languages.

  4. #4
    Senior Member secure_it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    在這兩者之間 BackTrack是4 FwdTrack4
    Posts
    854

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by zWiReDz View Post
    I found the search button to be the best, or google.

    But in all seriousness, most likely bash/pearl.
    pearls can be found in sea,perl can be found in programming.I would suggest you to start with C if you wants to be serious programmer as it will make you aware of all those basic concepts.that later you can apply in shell programming,c++,java,python etc.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default

    well to be honest i dont really like programing that much, like i dont really like bein in front of a computer entering code for hours... but im starting to find out that mild programing helps aloooot sometimes.. So i guess to reformat my question.. Which language is the easiest to learn and at the same the one where i can do more things with out knowing it very very well.. by doing a bit of research must people say either python, perl or bash.... what would you guys recommend?

  6. #6
    Member zWiReDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    pearls can be found in sea,perl can be found in programming.I would suggest you to start with C if you wants to be serious programmer as it will make you aware of all those basic concepts.that later you can apply in shell programming,c++,java,python etc.
    Sorry I cant spell..
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

  7. #7
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
    well to be honest i dont really like programing that much, like i dont really like bein in front of a computer entering code for hours... but im starting to find out that mild programing helps aloooot sometimes.. So i guess to reformat my question.. Which language is the easiest to learn and at the same the one where i can do more things with out knowing it very very well.. by doing a bit of research must people say either python, perl or bash.... what would you guys recommend?
    Depends on what you are using the language for. When pen testing the tasks that I use programming to assist with are mixture of automation (running repetitive tasks automatically), text manipulation, binary file editing/manipulation and exploit writing. I use perl (and sometimes bash) for text manipulation, bash (and sometimes perl) for automation, perl for binary file manipulation and python for writing exploits. I am more familiar with perl than python, and I haven't tried to use python for anything other than exploit writing as yet, but Im intending in the future to investigate to see if I can easily use python to perform the tasks I use perl for, because python seems a little easier and cleaner than perl (especially when trying to grok a program you wrote a while ago).

    Id suggest that you learn python and bash. You don't have to learn bash in detail though, even if you just learn enough to deal with command line parameters for scripts, user input, some basic conditionals (e.g. if statements), and looping with "for" then you can translate basic Linux command line skills into some pretty useful programs. Learn python to do some of the harder things, such as working with binary data and network sockets.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  8. #8
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Python is quite easy and C based, clear and simple.

    But you will need to read much about the concept before take out to more complex scripting..
    I take much time to get it because i didn't have much logical math concepts.
    The more you are able to make math calculations, the more easy will be for you to learn any programing language.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default

    so bash or phyton to start learning?? thanks

  10. #10
    Moderator KMDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Pick one language and learn it. Stick to that one language and don't jump around once you hit a roadblock. It is necessary to learn it properly. Once you understand the concepts of programming it will be much easier to learn another language. I'd recommend to dive deep into C since it will give you the best idea of how programs work and will make you understand errors at compilation time of tools and whatnot. To learn other languages afterwards is a piece of cake.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •