Thread: bt4+vmware workstation+ intel 4965AGN compatiable????

Just burned his ISO

Default bt4+vmware workstation+ intel 4965AGN compatiable????

i have vmware workstation with bt4 beta ISO, trying to use Intel 4965AGN wireless chipset install in my Sony laptop, but when i open vmware then log in as root, i look in vmware VM>removeable devices and i dont see the wireless adapter the 4965agn???? seems like vmware doesn't recognize my 4965agn???
    anyone knows whats wrong could it be??? i'm very much new to that stuff
    thanks in advance

Hey I think you should get a new keyboard at first, your questionmark key seems to be broken.

Also doing a little research on the forum would have given you the answer why it is not working.

And if you are new to the stuff, why do you want to use BT?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by pittbenz View Post
    i have vmware workstation with bt4 beta ISO, trying to use Intel 4965AGN wireless chipset install in my Sony laptop, but when i open vmware then log in as root, i look in vmware VM>removeable devices and i dont see the wireless adapter the 4965agn???? seems like vmware doesn't recognize my 4965agn???
    anyone knows whats wrong could it be??? i'm very much new to that stuff
    thanks in advance
    PCI devices DO NOT connect directly with Virtual Machines. Search before posting.

Snayler however the point is to utilize PCI NIC in vmware but the statement Vmware does not work with pci devices is wrong.Vmware works with PCI wireless Devices but treat them as wired medium.if host is having PCI wireless device,which is connected to internet or some other network,through wireless.the VM's can access internet/network too using bridging mode,mapped to physical PCI wireless NIC's.however if someone wants to access wireless NIC in VM's than one have to get USB Dongle for that.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Snayler however the point is to utilize PCI NIC in vmware but the statement Vmware does not work with pci devices is wrong.Vmware works with PCI wireless Devices but treat them as wired medium.if host is having PCI wireless device,which is connected to internet or some other network,through wireless.the VM's can access internet/network too using bridging mode,mapped to physical PCI wireless NIC's.however if someone wants to access wireless NIC in VM's than one have to get USB Dongle for that.
    Edited... I was trying to counter-argument with you, but I prefer editing my post to a clearer message instead of creating a discussion between us. Anyway, thanks for the notification

Its ok & I like to discuss a lot on technical topics & your warm welcome for that anytime.sharing is caring and the more you share,the more you becomes perfect & it was good to see your your practical professional approach.