Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation prob in installing backtrack 4 [Errno 5] Input/output error

Hi guys

when i was installing Backtrack 4 pre final at 22 %

i have got

The installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.

So any one have solv ?

Quote Originally Posted by smartman View Post

This is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.

So any one have solv ?
    The answer is inside your question only.check with the CRC Checksum of the downloaded ISO and it must be same as mentioned on remote-exploit.org BT download section.you can find the checksum at same place where from you downloaded the ISO.if you finding it differ, than download a fresh ISO again.

Just burned his ISO

Wink Errno 5 issues [FIXED]

Same thing happened to me...

checked MD5 sum <it was fine>

Slow cooked DVD at 4x <same problems>

Checked Hard Drive for bad sectors <found none>

I started to smell a rat, because I'd recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 on the same hardware with no issues at all.

What finally fixed it for me, was going into the BIOS setup and dummying down my DVD drive... I switched it from the Auto settings, to fastPIO3 /DMA1 and disabling Ultra DMA mode etc. If nothing else works give this a shot. It probably took longer to install, but sometimes slow and steady wins the race