Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now apache is hanging at boot.

Just burned his ISO

From where? The command line before boot? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfox1 View Post
    From where? The command line before boot? Yeah.
    Command line, type sudo su, then enter your password. It takes you to root then type passwd to set root password.

For more information check out: Up and Running Backtrack 4 - Offensive Security

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Command line, type sudo su, then enter your password. It takes you to root then type passwd to set root password.
    Can you give me a screenshot of where to enter this? I just went and tried...and nothing.

I apologize for not understanding this, but I can't understand this for the life of me.

Can you give me a screenshot of where to enter this? I just went and tried...and nothing.

I apologize for not understanding this, but I can't understand this for the life of me.
    The command line... http://www.dedoimedo.com/images/comp...ck-booting.jpg

How are you running BackTrack? As a live CD, hard drive install, etc.

Just burned his ISO

I'm running it from the harddrive. And I can't get to that point. I get to boot into BT, and it just stops at apache. That's as far as I can go.

I'm running it from the harddrive. And I can't get to that point. I get to boot into BT, and it just stops at apache. That's as far as I can go.
    Do you have the original live DVD? If you pop that in, and boot from the DVD, does it go all the way or same issue? Do you have a second computer you could try booting the DVD from?

Can you try booting the ISO from VMPlayer?

Trying to determine if you have a working copy of BackTrack first.

Just burned his ISO

I have 2 versions on jump drives, with a working ISO that I used to make the install on the xp partition of the drive.

I have 2 versions on jump drives, with a working ISO that I used to make the install on the xp partition of the drive.
    Why don't you test that ISO out with the above suggestions and report back your findings.

Just burned his ISO

I did. Apache doesn't boot up in the jump drive versions, and the Iso works fine. I wouldn't have come here and asked unless I didn't test it.

Is there a way to put those files that are needed from the iso or installed version on a jump drive to the version on the HD from the jump drive?

When it hangs try alt + f2 to see if you can see a console log that shows an error.

edit: If the ISO is good why don't you try re-installing it. Use the up and running with BackTrack link I posted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast