Thread: The Hatelist on BT4

Just burned his ISO

Default The Hatelist on BT4

I have BT4 dual booted on on my laptop, it has a small amount of available hard drive space left over.

I just downloaded (and seeded) the Hatelist. I can't uncompress it because it won't fit on my hard drive. If I can't uncompress it, I don't know whats in it.

BT4 has other wordlists, darkc0de and jtr.

Question, does the Hatelist include the words in jtr and darkc0de?

If it does, then I can delete those files and install Hatelist. If it doesn't, then I have to increase the BT4 partition size, which I'm trying to avoid...

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

lol, dude the pwls that are included in backtrack sux imo. And the Hate list is much much much bigger then the ones that are included in BT4.'

Your best bet is to either:

1.Do your best in creatin a most commonly pwl, to your liking/network profile.
    2.Go with vmware, the space on your HD won't change unless you move or delete space off BT. Basically the vmware HD will stay at a minium size as you add things to BT.

(i like this option cuz whenever you're running out of space on your main OS, you can delete things off BT that you really dont use anymore, and it doesnt just slap a big HD on your main OS, vmware HD grows/shrinks)

If BT happens to be your main OS, then..lls idk what to tell you, or just get a bigger HD.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Not even going to bother with the last poster, but i will suggest this: large wordlists and rainbow tables can survive on an external HD. They're static and are used for nothing other than read access.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Yup, I second the above.

Although I admit its handy to have the list on the actual HDD (ever forgotten that USB with the files you needed..) these days flash drives are cheap and come in awesome sizes.

If you gonna have to carry a laptop, a small USB isnt going to make much of a difference !

Even if you need more capacity, external HDDs these days can come in sizes not that much bigger than a packet of ciggies.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks guys.

External hard drive fixes the problem