Thread: Kismet-newcore + gps mapping

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Default Kismet-newcore + gps mapping

Well after a lot of trials, I am still unable to do what I would like, so time for a post.

I have kismet-newcore installed and updated on a BT4PF persistent usb.

My aim is to get AP ranges as with KNSGEM or gpsmap, sofar unsuccessful, and be able to add to an existing session, so that I dont have to rely on multiple .kml files to get the graphical result I would like in Google Earth.

GISKismet is working fine, however this is limited to one session of kismet only.
    It does not allow the merging of .netxml files and there is no way I can find to add to the wireless.dbl which is created.
    (have posted on kismet forums and also created a ticket on the GISKismet site on this.)

Also GISKismet does not allow for showing the (estimated) broadcasting range of the APs.

gpsmap does not seem to be working for me with the new update, and the output using airodump (with the new aircrack suite) also does not seem to work.

The only theoretical solution I have been able to come up with sofar is to use inSSIDer (windows) and export the data to an .ns1 file which KNSGEM accepts. (this not yet fully tested)
    Obviously I would like to be able to complete a similar task with back|track4 !

Has anyone come across this same problem and found a work-around ?

Merge the .kml files your self. Shouldn't be hard to come up with a one liner to do that.

Well unfortuantely its not quite as simple as
    Code:
    cat file1.kml file2.kml > newfile.kml
    There is always some overlapping when I am driving about, so even if opening the individual kml files in GE and saving as new kml results in a cluttered mess of duplicates.

No, but you could use grep+awk to clean up the dupes and since all the mark up tags are there it should be fairly easy to control what data you're trimming.

I'll take a look at some .kml files and see what I can come up with when I get back from the lake.

Would appreciate any insight you can give, thanks !

I've been going through the kml files and the netxml files..

Basically its gonna need a helluva lot of scripting to simply sort the duplicates out..

As of now no further input from my side possible, however I remain open to any suggestions.

Should any further feedback come from my queries on the kismet forums or from the author of GISKismet (fantastic btw) then shall be sure to get it posted.