Thread: Bootinst.bat for Bt4 (pre) Final

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Bootinst.bat for Bt4 (pre) Final

Since Bt4 (pre) Final doesn't come with bootinst.bat I decided to add it in for the people who can't boot from cd to get the goodness out of backtrack.

All I did was "borrow" the bootinst.bat from the Bt3 iso and edit the syslinux.cfg to work with Bt4

http://www.ben-hodgson.co.uk/backtrack/boot.rar

How to use:

Extract the iso to the root of the flash drive like so.

Extract the contents of boot.rar into the boot folder of the flash drive like so.

Run bootinst.bat and make sure for the love of god that the drive letter stated in the bootinst is the same one as the flash drive you are using.

Notice how the drive letters in all 3 pictures are K: If the drive letters don't match up, stop immediately as you could damage your MBR.

Once it's complete reboot into your lovely Bt4 usb. From here you can do a more permanent install to a hard drive or just use it as it is.

Just burned his ISO

When I do this, it doesn't find the kernel.

Edit 1: Alright. It just missed a slash after the boot. It looked like this. /bootvesa.c32 It should be /boot/

Is that a problem with this edit or in general?

Just burned his ISO

yeah stupid typo.

I had to rewrite the cfg file on my main machine because the one on the original flash drive was in use installing bt4 on my eeepc.
    Serves me right not copying it from there in the first place.

fixed in the download now

Just burned his ISO

i can't install on my usb stick.
    when i try to install from vista i got this error "syslinux.exe has stopped working"

(sorry for my bad english)