Thread: Pre-Final boot/installation issues

Just burned his ISO

Default Pre-Final boot/installation issues

Well I have been trying for a few hours so far and I am yet to succeed in booting BT4-Pre-Final.
    So far I have checked the Checksums, they all match.
    I have burnt at a low write speed and onto two different DVD+R's.
    I have attempted to use Unetbootin to write the .iso to a portable HDD and found that it is incapable of installing a boot loader onto the Portable HDD's MBR for some reason.

So at the moment I have been able to half-boot to a Grub prompt where I am left with limited bash options and I can't seem to point it to the kernel image etc. to continue booting.
    Can anyone lend me a hand in either building/writing a bootloader to my Portable HDD's MBR or can they try and shed some light on the situation?
    Also, I forgot to mention but I have all ready tried it on multiple machine's it won't boot on any.

Cheers

Edit: I have googled and searched the forum's sufficiently I am yet to find a working fix for any of these issues, all the same please try and shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom.Hutton View Post
    Well I have been trying for a few hours so far and I am yet to succeed in booting BT4-Pre-Final.
    So far I have checked the Checksums, they all match.
    I have burnt at a low write speed and onto two different DVD+R's.
    Have you checked the BIOS settings?

Just burned his ISO

Yes, I can boot other distributions from Live USB or CD on both machines, however BackTrack4 is a different story.

Just burned his ISO

I have also had the same problem. I don't think anyone a use bt4 pre-beta on a usb flash drive and can make it bootable.

Hanz

I put bt4 pre beta on a DVD. it runs, but i can install it on a usb flash (16GB).
    pre doesn't has bootinst.bat

I got BT4 pre beta on a flash. (i move over root.rar) and ran bootinst.bat.

I flash can boot. BUT it load vmlinus and initrd.gz - then runs to install bt4 - then i issused STARTX. then final BT4 start. but i can save changes.

i thought i could run install.sh and put it on a 16gb flash.. thay works , but i could not boot from that flask.

WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG????

HELP??

I server the last 4 days trying to bring to BT4 on a flash so I could move from cpu to cpu .

I get BT4 PRE BETA has changed..

Hanz

Hi,
    read and make in such a way like here:
    h x x p://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-howto/23652-bt4-usb-installation-noob-proof-tutorial.html

good luck
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="2"]Nought's had, all's spent, ... Where our desire is got without content
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by HANZ99 View Post
    I have also had the same problem. I don't think anyone a use bt4 pre-beta on a usb flash drive and can make it bootable.

Hanz
    I put bt4 pre beta on a DVD. it runs, but i can install it on a usb flash (16GB).
    pre doesn't has bootinst.bat
    I got BT4 pre beta on a flash. (i move over root.rar) and ran bootinst.bat.

I flash can boot. BUT it load vmlinus and initrd.gz - then runs to install bt4 - then i issused STARTX. then final BT4 start. but i can save changes.

i thought i could run install.sh and put it on a 16gb flash.. thay works , but i could not boot from that flask.

WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG????

HELP??

I server the last 4 days trying to bring to BT4 on a flash so I could move from cpu to cpu .

I get BT4 PRE BETA has changed..

Hanz
    Please, use the edit function. You are flooding the thread and making people not want to help you. Without talking about your attempts to redirect everyone on the irc channel to this thread. No one likes that.