Thread: Trying to inject using an Intel 2915ABG

Just burned his ISO

Default Trying to inject using an Intel 2915ABG

Hi,

I am pretty new to Linux (using back track 3) and also new to the whole suite of aircrack utilities.
    I am trying to do an injection test using the instructions found on this site using aireplay-ng 1.0

I try "aireplay-ng -9 eth0" and get the following -
    No answer..
    Found 0 APs

I then try with "aireplay-ng --test -e "ACTUALAPNAME" -a "MACADDRESSOFAP" eth0" and get the following -
    No Answer..
    Found 1 AP
    0/30 0%

I guess I am getting somewhere with the 1 AP found but I presume the 0% is a bad thing?

I have tried to look for supported cards but think I have only found the information for the support based on the chip it is has. Does anyone know if the Intel 2915ABG is supported (I am running a Dell D410). If not - and I am trying to find out this info at the moment - is it easy to disable this card within Linux and are any USB wifi devices supported (I have a handful of NetGears ones somewhere).

Thanks for the help

Hi, are you using live cd or vmware? As for the USB cards you've got try them or check the hardware compatibility list for individual card set up.
    hxxp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless

Just burned his ISO

You should trigger it in monitor mode before injection test. It seems its monitor mode disabled in my laptop Fujistur S6410 bought in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie_rabbit View Post
    Hi,

I am pretty new to Linux (using back track 3) and also new to the whole suite of aircrack utilities.
    I am trying to do an injection test using the instructions found on this site using aireplay-ng 1.0

I try "aireplay-ng -9 eth0" and get the following -
    No answer..
    Found 0 APs

I then try with "aireplay-ng --test -e "ACTUALAPNAME" -a "MACADDRESSOFAP" eth0" and get the following -
    No Answer..
    Found 1 AP
    0/30 0%

I guess I am getting somewhere with the 1 AP found but I presume the 0% is a bad thing?

I have tried to look for supported cards but think I have only found the information for the support based on the chip it is has. Does anyone know if the Intel 2915ABG is supported (I am running a Dell D410). If not - and I am trying to find out this info at the moment - is it easy to disable this card within Linux and are any USB wifi devices supported (I have a handful of NetGears ones somewhere).

Thanks for the help

Isn't eth0 usually the LAN connection?
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

Quote Originally Posted by zWiReDz View Post
    Isn't eth0 usually the LAN connection?
    ethX can be ethernet and intel wireless device. Normally, eth0 is ethernet and eth1 is intel wireless device, but if the ethernet interface is not installed, the intel interface will acquire eth0.

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    ethX can be ethernet and intel wireless device. Normally, eth0 is ethernet and eth1 is intel wireless device, but if the ethernet interface is not installed, the intel interface will acquire eth0.
    Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me snayler.
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2