Thread: Add existing virtual machines

Default Add existing virtual machines

I have dual boot Windows XP and Backtrack 4
    I install vmware server 2.01 on backtrack and i wanna import some existing vmware images witch are stored on FAT32 partition of windows.Does anyone know how to run it from there?
    I cant copy them on Ubuntu becose i left a to little space for Backtrack installation.

You can mount the fat32 partition and then make vmware server open from there.

As for making it automatically import, I'm presuming vmware will look under ~/vmware for stored vms. If that's the case, all you need to do is a symlink from the mounted fat32 partition to ~/vmware.. but I think a better idea would be to do a binding mount.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    You can mount the fat32 partition and then make vmware server open from there.

As for making it automatically import, I'm presuming vmware will look under ~/vmware for stored vms. If that's the case, all you need to do is a symlink from the mounted fat32 partition to ~/vmware.. but I think a better idea would be to do a binding mount.
    How to do that?
    Just to mention,i can acces windows partitions from outside of vmware without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sevic33 View Post
    How to do that?
    Just to mention,i can acces windows partitions from outside of vmware without problem.
    By searching... Google will not hurt you.