Thread: vista and backtrack dual boot removal

Just burned his ISO

Default vista and backtrack dual boot removal

I had successfully dual-booted Windows Vista and Backtrack. However, after having issues with wicd and hibernation, I realized that I am just going to switch to Ubuntu. The question is how would I switch from a dual boot between vista and backtrack to vista and ubuntu? Using the ubiquity installer.

Just burned his ISO alchemist-tek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    I had successfully dual-booted Windows Vista and Backtrack. However, after having issues with wicd and hibernation, I realized that I am just going to switch to Ubuntu. The question is how would I switch from a dual boot between vista and backtrack to vista and ubuntu? Using the ubiquity installer.
    excellent question. ask the folks on the ubuntu forums and let us know what they have to say on the matter. we eagerly anticipate the response, good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    Just let ubiquity overwrite the backtrack partitions. The install method is the same, since they are essentially the same os.

Can also delete backtrack and swap partitions using the partition manager of your choice and then install ubuntu to the free space created...it should autodetect that there is a Windows OS on the remaining partition and set up GRUB accordingly.

Just be advised that you will be deleting the bootloader so Windows will not boot until you install ubuntu or rebuild the MBR...