Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: KCalc is a scientific calculator.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default KCalc is a scientific calculator.

    Forgive me if I missed it somewhere... There is no calculator?

  2. #2
    My life is this forum Snayler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crooks View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it somewhere... There is no calculator?
    apt-get install kcalc-kde3

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    It just struck me as weird that there was no calculator included. Seems like such a basic tool. Almost like not including a text editor :P

    Anyways that's my request...

  4. #4
    My life is this forum Snayler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crooks View Post
    It just struck me as weird that there was no calculator included. Seems like such a basic tool. Almost like not including a text editor :P

    Anyways that's my request...
    Yes, you've got a point. But i think it's not that important in a security distro, and the repositories have kcalc, so you can install it if you need it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Yes, you've got a point. But i think it's not that important in a security distro, and the repositories have kcalc, so you can install it if you need it.

    I think a calculator is as important in a security distro as anywhere else. Especially for crypto work.

  6. #6
    Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    863

    Default

    I dunno if they've fixed the repositories already, but there was a time when you had to do:

    apt-get install kcalc-kde3

    because if you just specified "kcalc" then it tried to install hundreds of megabytes of shite to do with KDE4.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Just enter the interactive python interface and your all set as far as calculations. here are a couple examples:

    Code:
    pc-tesla speedtest # python
    Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jan  4 2009, 17:40:26) 
    [GCC 4.3.2] on linux2
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>> 5 + 4
    9
    >>> 5 ** 4
    625
    >>> 5 * 4
    20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •