Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: restart networking after WPA/WEP Cracking

Quote Originally Posted by bonowantbiddy View Post
    you can believe what you want but it is my router
    It may be... However, if you don't know how to do such a simple thing like what you asked, maybe you need to learn more about linux basics and network basics, before start playing around with a security distro like backtrack. Following tutorials is easy...

Just burned his ISO

yeah maybe, but if it is a basic linux command i dont understand why no will tell me

yeah maybe, but if it is a basic linux command i dont understand why no will tell me
    Because there is a search function that you obviously didn't used, which leads me to believe that you haven't even read the forum rules, which leads my desire to help you into the trash can. Do you understand now?

which leads my desire to help you into the trash can
    Yeah, that's where mine went also.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

yeah i did use the search box, and i haven't found anything to exactly what im looking for, so i posted for an answer not to get ridiculed.

yeah i did use the search box, and i haven't found anything to exactly what im looking for
    Then I must tell you this: You don't know what you're looking for. So I'll give you the tip one more time: learn Linux and network basics. Then comeback and read, read read... When you think that you know everything, read a lot more (because nobody knows everything). You'll take more pleasure by learning yourself instead of standing in front of a computer screen pressing F5 and waiting for someone to spoonfeed you. It's my advice to you.

I have read enough and can not find the solution to this problem i know that I can reset the machine and enter w!dow$ but that's what I do not want, want to stay in BT4 usb and give some updates

indeed it is my router and im considering to filter mac 'couse the wep security can be broke in 3 minutes and it's not good to me

i have been trying How To: Connect to wireless routers posted here

but no luck can some one enlighten-me

i was in a time usin wifiway and after get my own key ill just put the wcard to managed but here in bt4 -Error for wireless request "set mode" (8b06)-

thanks for any help

and sorry for my English

Quote Originally Posted by manulu View Post
    indeed it is my router and im considering to filter mac 'couse the wep security can be broke in 3 minutes and it's not good to me
    That won't give you any extra security, since anyone who knows enough about WEP cracking, knows how to change their MAC address (yes, it's possible). Don't forget that airodump shows the clients connected to a network (and their MAC address).

i have been trying How To: Connect to wireless routers posted here but no luck can some one enlighten-me
    i was in a time usin wifiway and after get my own key ill just put the wcard to managed but here in bt4 -Error for wireless request "set mode" (8b06)-
    thanks for any help
    and sorry for my English
    you have 2 options,

airmon stop iface

or

ifconfig iface down
    iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
    ifconfig iface up

Just use WPA/WPA2 with a 18 digit password and you are good to go my friend
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12