Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox on startup

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    You're right, my bad. The backtrack part slipped from my fingers. My point was that eatme assumed he was using vmware, when the OP never said he was...
    You know what they say about assume: ASS + U The problem just doesn't sound very Linux'y to me, so I'll sit back and wait for OP to come back and let us know. Pausing the VMware shouldn't have too much of a detrimental affect either (at least, I've been devving websites under VMware installs for a couple of years now and I've never encountered it - I've even had them come back from a pause in the middle of a bunch of Ajax calls with no issues) - the only thing I would be worrying about is time-reliant software requirements (i.e. do x, sleep 10, do y == decrypted harddrive).
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Have you lefted it open when rebooting/powering off?
    Actually i was going off this post right here assuming you were talking about Vmware as well, cuz this is not normal to happen on a non vmware machine.

But since this same exact thing happen to me on vmware, I assume he was running it. So I gave advice.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    cuz this is not normal to happen on a non vmware machine.
    It can be pretty normal if, as i said, you enabled some sort of "remember opened windows and applications" option. Backtrack has this option, windows vista and ubuntu also have it. And i've already clicked the power off button some times (didn't felt like waiting and it was a test installation) and this never happened to me. But whatever... This doesn't matter, we're totally off topic.

I fixed the problem thank you. It was the memory sh*t on poweroff. so i did a logout then reboot to fix the problem, which was very silly.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

yea which i mentioned already. Glad its working for you again
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    yea which i mentioned already. Glad its working for you again
    I actually added kdm GUI to prevent this from happening in the future again. Thank you for the help. i was just so used to using th konsole cmds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12