Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox on startup

Default Firefox on startup

Recently my Firefox browser has been acting strange. On startup it will open on its own. If anyone could help me figure out how to turn this annoying process off on startup up, i would greatly appreciate it. I have already uninstall Firefox and reinstall it and it did not fix the problem.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Recently my Firefox browser has been acting strange. On startup it will open on its own. If anyone could help me figure out how to turn this annoying process off on startup up, i would greatly appreciate it. I have already uninstall Firefox and reinstall it and it did not fix the problem.

Thank You.
    Have you lefted it open when rebooting/powering off?

Lets say i did? Because sometimes i leave my netbook without the charger plugged in. I had it die a couple times on me.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Lets say i did? Because sometimes i leave my netbook without the charger plugged in. I had it die a couple times on me.
    Then you must have set your system to remember opened windows and applications when it shuts down.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

VMware users...

Rule of thumb: Always logoff, or open a terminal and ' # poweroff ' when you're done.

When you're finished with your linux box, never hit the poweroff button. (Yes it makes a difference)
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    VMware users...

Rule of thumb: Always logoff, or open a terminal and ' # poweroff ' when you're done.

When you're finished with your linux box, never hit the poweroff button. (Yes it makes a difference)
    Well, i'm sure that vmware shows a warning when you attempt to use the poweroff button (aka stop button). But vmware users can also pause, wich in my opinion is much faster and never gave me problems.

EDIT: oh, and this isn't vmware forums...

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    EDIT: oh, and this isn't vmware forums...
    im just asking, but what does that have to do with anything ?

i was just helping the guy to solve his problem, cuz i once had the same problem, and executing the 'poweroff' command fixed it.

Im not doubting the pause button works too, but i only use it if i need to finish running a big pwl in aircrack-ng.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    i was just helping the guy to solve his problem, cuz i once had the same problem, and executing the 'poweroff' command fixed it.
    Oh, and you just assumed he was running vmware, right?

Clever...

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Oh, and you just assumed he has backtrack running in vmware, right?

Clever...
    TBH I think the assumption that the OP is running backtrack might be a little thin, and even if it's not it would help everyone if we got some system specs (BT3, BT4, KDE, Flux, etc.) so that we could at least work with it.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    TBH I think the assumption that the OP is running backtrack might be a little thin, and even if it's not it would help everyone if we got some system specs (BT3, BT4, KDE, Flux, etc.) so that we could at least work with it.
    You're right, my bad. The backtrack part slipped from my fingers. My point was that eatme assumed he was using vmware, when the OP never said he was...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast