Thread: Atheros ath9k not working

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Atheros ath9k not working

hello there,
    i am new to backtrack and linux and i am installing backtrack on a netbook and then i noticed that my atheros card was not wanting to show up within backtrack. i have tried to install madwifi 0.9.4 but all it does is error out but after that it does show up with airmon and aireplay as wlan0 but i cannot connect to a wireless router successfully or get it to show up within the backtrack gui. any solutions are appreciated.
    thank you in advance for your time

Hi
    Try reinstalling madwifi drivers.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...adwifi-ng.html
    And please post to the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOkieDokie View Post
    hello there, i am new to backtrack and linux...
    Stop there! If you're new to linux, you shouldn't play with backtrack for now. My advice is to get used to linux (ubuntu, for example), working with command line, etc... before starting to learn how to use backtrack. If you don't know how to drive, you shouldn't drive a Formula one, right? There's a recent thread ("no questions yet", i believe it's the title) with lots of references to start learning linux (I'd post the link but i don't feel like searching right now). Maybe you should start there. Or you can begin learning linux with backtrack, but if you're not careful enough and play with things without fully understanding them, you'll mess up your backtrack installation.

Just burned his ISO

Try to run : modprobe ath9k . It can help

Just burned his ISO

You might run into problems if you try to load two different drivers at the same time. You can use the "modprobe -r [loaded driver] " to stop one driver, and "modprobe [desired driver]" and it should work.

Another option, if madwifi drivers don't work at all for you, is to Blacklist them and let the ath9k drivers load when BT boots; there's a guide on the aircrack-ng site for how to do that.

Default chipset

i have the same chipset in my laptop and it works fine