Thread: Pyrit on LAN

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Pyrit on LAN

Hi.

This is my first post, I have reading up a bit on this website and the amount of info is well...a wet dream.lol.

...now back to my Q.
    I don't have a fast PC or GPU but I have read that you can use pyrit on the my LAN to increase the speed of the "batch" process on airolib-ng. My PC is currently pushing about 100 PMK/s and I have 3 PC's on my LAN that should be able to push about the same (sort of the same PC's)

Does anyone know how to actually do it though, if you can give me some hints or *hopefully* a quick tutorial or vid it would be much appreciated,

Thnx

BB

Quote Originally Posted by blingblouw View Post
    Hi.

This is my first post, I have reading up a bit on this website and the amount of info is well...a wet dream.lol.

...now back to my Q.
    I don't have a fast PC or GPU but I have read that you can use pyrit on the my LAN to increase the speed of the "batch" process on airolib-ng. My PC is currently pushing about 100 PMK/s and I have 3 PC's on my LAN that should be able to push about the same (sort of the same PC's)

Does anyone know how to actually do it though, if you can give me some hints or *hopefully* a quick tutorial or vid it would be much appreciated,

Thnx

BB
    Best bet is to start reading up on pyrit's googlecode page and the associated blog:

1) pyrit - Project Hosting on Google Code
    2) Pyrit

Turns out pyrit's author did not like how network cracking was working, and removed it in the latest SVN build. Still, if you can find an older version, you may hit paydirt.

Now, computers that crack at 100 PMKs/sec are pretty slow. You should be more interested in this as proff-of-concept rather than serious WPA work, in my humble opinion. You are better off dropping some cash to upgrade your GPU to some nVidia or ATI card, and increasing your rate 10x or more.
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Aint that the truth, mine can push out 100 PMK/s running normally, but if I kill almost everything except what is needed and give it full reign (more or less) of the CPU it can pump out about 250 PMK/s. If I had four of these the logical thing to do would be to split the dictionary file: the cut command can be used for that, after the Sort command ofc. Then run eachquarter on one machine, assuming you had one million words this would only take 1000 seconds at that speed. Or about 15 minutes.