Thread: ettercap-ng and arp poisoning

Just burned his ISO

hey everyone,
    Ive posted this in the thread about my netbook eeepc 1005ha"b"
    got a problem with ettercap. When i scan for host's sometimes it finds everything connected to my router and sometimes it finds none, half or a third of the pc's connected to my router. in the chance that it finds everything, I cannot get arp poisoning to work. use to work on my old laptop with bt3 havent tried bt3 on this netbook because wifi drivers are a pain and i got bt4 to dual boot with xp off the hard drive and i like ubuntu better. do ath9k drivers work with everything in backtrack ? or are you stripped of some features unless you have madwifi drivers ?

noone know's ? weak wifi antenna ? it connects at around 80%
    Grammar takes to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nlantz
    Grammar takes to long.
    So our help...

Perhaps we need more information from you in order to be able to solve your problem. Wireless card chipset? internal/usb? Commands used? etc...

Just burned his ISO

The 1005HA uses the following Atheros Chipsets:

AR9285 for Wireless
    AR8132 for Ethernet

I connect the same working way i did in backtrack 3. Excuse the hastyness in the steps. im in windows and going from memory.
    unified sniffing, scan for host's " usualy 4 or so times untill i see ive got my whole netowrk" usualy say's found 1 host found 3 host found 1 host found 6 host then i start to arp poisoning start sniffing chk poison plugin. it says no poisoning working. double check from other pc's in house and nothing.
    wireless chipset is internal.

oh and its the ahhh ath9k driver's for the wifi card. unsure if maxwifi work's with this chipset/ tut shows how to install these drivers. just found out its a AW-NE785 card
    Grammar takes to long.

Sorry, i can't understand you...

Just burned his ISO

chipset for wifi card "AR9285", Card make is AW-NE785
    running ath9k drivers for wifi card
    I use ettercap in gui mode. When i scan for a host I get mixed results, I have 6 devices hooked up to my router but scaning results say otherwise depending on how many times i scan. Sometimes I need to hit "Ctrl+S" several times before it shows all 6 devices. Reguardless of how many it finds "3 up to all 6" I cannot arp poison.
    Because i cannot find info anywhere here or in ettercap's forums I am asking if anyone knows why. Are madwifi drivers needed for arp poisoning ?
    Everyone seems to only care about wep cracking and if this wifi card can do packet injection and the thread for the eeepc 1005ha, once the driver was confirmed at working for it "packet injection" has stoped.
    Grammar takes to long.

Just burned his ISO

Try running ettercap from terminal

ettercap -Tq -i wlan0 -M arp:remote // //

Change wlan0 to your interface

Just burned his ISO

Nlantz, have you succeeded in doing the arpspoofing?
    I'm buying the 1005HA and I'm very interested to know this.
    Thanks