Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have router access can i spawn shell?

Just burned his ISO

Default Have router access can i spawn shell?

Still learning somethings. I have router access to the target.Using airmon/aircrack ect.. Wondering what capabilities i have when I'm on the same network. Ideally looking for remote access to target. Should I be looking for payloads via metasploit?

Quote Originally Posted by techx View Post
    Still learning somethings. I have router access to the target.Using airmon/aircrack ect.. Wondering what capabilities i have when I'm on the same network. Ideally looking for remote access to target. Should I be looking for payloads via metasploit?
    What type of router is it?

Just burned his ISO

My target is using wrt400n. Firmware 1.0.01 b19.I have full acesss to it.

its a linksys. I'd really appreciate some help here. I'm not doing this to harm anything. Simply to get more familiar with backtrack.

its a linksys. I'd really appreciate some help here. I'm not doing this to harm anything. Simply to get more familiar with backtrack.
    Where did you find the router? Yours or one you found?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

This is a dummy network I setup specifically for pentesting and learning on wep,wpa and wpa2. I don't really want advertise that though.My next project will be the nvidia gpu cracking vs cpu.

why do you ask..?

I find there are lots of concerns surrounding the question. But I have yet to receive any positive feedback.... Sort of like.

"Tim needs bullets."
    "what kind of bullets"
    "I need hollow points"
    "What do you need those for..."

I find there are lots of concerns surrounding the question. But I have yet to receive any positive feedback.... Sort of like.

"Tim needs bullets."
    "what kind of bullets"
    "I need hollow points"
    "Tim needs bullets."
    "what kind of bullets"
    "I need hollow points"
    "To crack my neighbor's router"

It's hard to tell your intentions whether good or bad so that's why people try and question what you are doing. After you hang here for a bit you tend to see a majority of the people come in for nefarious reasons. Take a look over here Idiots Corner - Remote Exploit Forums

edit: After re-reading this a few times it sounds like Tim might end up shooting his neighbor and his AP . What I was going for is a majority of the time , when people post questions like this and then they're confronted with more questions, they usually end up giving more information whether intentional or not that they want to do something illegal.

"Tim needs bullets."
    "what kind of bullets"
    "I need hollow points"
    Not a bad analogy. If the next answer is "robbing the bank", we're not going to spoonfeed people instructions on how to load and shoot a gun.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Can we please go back to the original topic? I'm feeling interest..
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

If you have full access to it then why try to spawn a shell? Just telnet or SSH to it and voila.
    To spawn a shell there would have to be some kind of vulnerablity in the firmware, you might want to play with the dd-wrt v24 sp1 firmware that has a remote root vuln.
    I have the card in me head, but you have the memory problems?

Quote Originally Posted by xCPPx View Post
    If you have full access to it then why try to spawn a shell? Just telnet or SSH to it and voila.
    To spawn a shell there would have to be some kind of vulnerablity in the firmware, you might want to play with the dd-wrt v24 sp1 firmware that has a remote root vuln.
    I think, he wants to get a shell from another box that is attached to the router, not from the router itself.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast