Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wpa crack

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Red face

hey guys, i have been scratching my head over this problem for a while now.
    me and my dad are having a bet for $50 to see if i can get the password for our home network. now i captured a wpa handshake and all. but i just cant seem to find a good dictionary list.
    i tried some but it just ddnt work out.

i was wondering if i uploaded the .cap file maybe some one else can have a go? = ). also i was wondering if it is possible to generate a list of passwords that begin with a and have say 8 chars.? oh btw it is a custom essid? i think tht is what its called network name "buzza"

um i just want to double check with the admin if its okay to post a link of cap file for MY OWN NETWORK. if not i apologies in advance.
    sendspace.com/file/01ncc2

We can have bet in 50$ that you will need to visit aircrack-ng site and find there some links to good dictionary. Also if your dad (if it's true stroy at all becuase we heard many stories like that on this forum but someone want to get key of neighbourd ap) has password which isn't dicitionary word and had more than 20 charachters then we can have a bet in 100$ that you will not crack this key.

Just burned his ISO

lol yup i have been on there. quick question. the hate list file i downloaded it. it was not q simple txt file with just owrds. it had some random as stuff in it like some sort of code. i was wondering if i downloaded a word list or sum sort of hash table or md5

here is the link for the hate list
    passwordz.info/wordlists/Pureh@te/hatelist.zip

also i would like to thank you for replying to my message. nice to see that members of bt community are helpful. ^^

Developer

That hatelist needs some filtering. At one time in its life it got corrupted.

I'll give the cap file ago on my server which I use for wpa although I must warn you even if I recover the password I will only show about 4 chars as proof. Since its your dads that should be enough to win the bet and if its your neighbor it will be just to little to steal his wifi.

EDIT: Consider your password safe Unable to identify the PSK from the dictionary file 269122228 passphrases tested in 4665.82 seconds: 57679.55 passphrases/second

Just burned his ISO

oh so does that mean you couldn't find it. wll no worries mate. Thanks for trying anyway. very much appreciated! WOW own server ae! thats pretty flash. Hw long dd it take to build one of those beasts?

I will give it a go! I have dictionaries like a farmer has crops!

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    That hatelist needs some filtering. At one time in its life it got corrupted.

I'll give the cap file ago on my server which I use for wpa although I must warn you even if I recover the password I will only show about 4 chars as proof. Since its your dads that should be enough to win the bet and if its your neighbor it will be just to little to steal his wifi.

EDIT: Consider your password safe Unable to identify the PSK from the dictionary file 269122228 passphrases tested in 4665.82 seconds: 57679.55 passphrases/second
    Pureh@te

Does you server generate the airolib DB first then crack at 50k per sec, or is this a straight crack speed. On all the threads I have read I always understood the airolib then crack to be overall quicker than a straight crack?

I read another post of yours where you were cracking at 187k per sec? That was with airolib (the airolib took 5k per sec).

Have a missed a technology jump? The reason for the question is I'd like to build (at reasonable cost) a machine and see how fast I could get the overall crack time down to.

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Am new to BT4 and i just cant find the dictionary that came with Aircrack-ng....Am just wondering if its already installed and how do i find it?!! If not where the best place to download them?!!

Where you came to know that aircrack-ng comes with dictionary?
    you need to get one dictionary or make your own one.
    read before working on these tools.
    ------HERE----------

Just burned his ISO

Hello Peps, Am new to Bt4 and my question is do i need to patch my wireless card witch is Intel pro 3945 or is it already installed to work with Aircrack-ng ?!
    All the commands seems to work well without any error but couldn't help noticing Unbutu jaunty was way faster on cracking.....

My next question is where can i find a good dictionary for WPA or do i have it installed with Bt4?!!

I would really appreciate any input.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast