Thread: aircrack-ng not recognizing

Just burned his ISO

Default cowpatty buffer overflow

This may seem very basic and rest assured I have searched, googled, etc and not really found the answer.

I changed the name of my essid to one of the ones found here Church of Wifi WPA-PSK Rainbow Tables - Hak5 Forums and downloaded the file (I named it one of the random 2wires).

However, it is an extensionless file after it downloads. No problem I thought, I'll just point cowpatty at it. Problem is, after it checks about some 3000 passwords it triggers a buffer overflow...uh. I dont think I didnt anything wrong. -d to the rainbow file, -s for the SSID and -r for the handshake

Edit: title should be "cowpatty" realized before I posted not to use aircrack-ng. Changed post. Forgot to change title.
    The more I write this, I wonder if it should go in another area...
    Thanks but I know how to use search and google!
    -The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Hi

Did you compile Cowpatty on your own ? If you are on BT4-PF (ubuntu-based), this thread might interest you : [all variants] Cowpatty buffer overflow - Ubuntu Forums

It says that the last version of GCC tries to optimize the code, which leads to buffer overflows. So try to download the cowpatty sources (http://wirelessdefence.org/Contents/...wpatty-4.2.tgz) and fix the makefile such as here : Ubuntu Forums - View Single Post - [all variants] Cowpatty buffer overflow

Then compile it using "make" and try again (copy the hashes files in the same directory as where Cowpatty was just compiled from)

I think you can also use aircrack with these tables (so as you get back to your thread title ); Try this :
    Code:
    aircrack-ng  -r <hashfile>  <capture>.cap
    Let us know if it worked

Quote Originally Posted by antares View Post

there is cowpatty 4.6 in bt4pf
    BackTrack Information Security Distribution » BackTrack 4 Pre Final – Feel the pwnsauce!
    acer 5920g , 345abg , nvidia 8600m
    bt5 kde 64bit + acpi + cuda 4.0 / nvidia 270.40 / pyrit

Quite interesting, on the official site it's stuck to 4.3... Remote Exploit guys are crazy, they have versions that aren't even available yet

But if the 4.6 is embedded in bt4pf, it might cause the problems that snipper_cr mentions, that's why I told him to try to compile it on his own

Just burned his ISO

No I didn't compile it on my own, just straight from BT4 live CD. For the heck of it, I copied my .cap file and the rainbow file to another computer that was running BT3 and it worked just fine.

I thought the rainbow tables didn't work in aircrack-ng, just cowpatty.
    Thanks but I know how to use search and google!
    -The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Aircrack is able to use Rainbow Tables too, but I think that it uses a particular format (use Airolib-ng to create your Aircrack tables), maybe that the oens from Chrurch of Wifi are not compatible...

That's OK if you made it on BT3