Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your "must have" tools for PC repair.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    In my field it's always important that if you get even a small cut you get it cleaned right away.
    I can imagine. Not to mention it might be important in some sectors to report such injuries to management.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    I can imagine. Not to mention it might be important in some sectors to report such injuries to management.
    Yeah, we're required to report all injuries no matter how small just due to the high chance of infection. Many of our people are required to get some shots that most other people would never think of getting. I'm glad I don't have to get them, I hate shots.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yeah, we're required to report all injuries no matter how small just due to the high chance of infection. Many of our people are required to get some shots that most other people would never think of getting. I'm glad I don't have to get them, I hate shots.
    Heh, this reminds me of the Zombieland movie trailer.

Just burned his ISO

I dont know that Ive seen it listed just yet, but I always have 2 lights on me. One being the smaller sized Maglite, and the other being some ghetto cheap wont freak out if I left it on a ceiling tile light. You know... the one we've all replaced once or twice?

Bottle of the mountains dew, pack of Marlboro Lights, and thats it aside from everything else thats been mentioned.

-Chrisso

Quote Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
    I dont know that Ive seen it listed just yet, but I always have 2 lights on me. One being the smaller sized Maglite, and the other being some ghetto cheap wont freak out if I left it on a ceiling tile light. You know... the one we've all replaced once or twice?

Bottle of the mountains dew, pack of Marlboro Lights, and thats it aside from everything else thats been mentioned.

-Chrisso
    Yea, I carry a Surefire and a cheapo 3watt led flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Also for the coax connectors, get the kind that have the colored plastic that locks the cable in from the cable side, not the kind you have to crimp the sides. These seem to me to work a lot better.
    Barry,these are commonly known as F-type coax crimps and connectors. Think I paid $50 for mine and they came as a complete set: Crimps, stripper (spinner), cutters and a bag of F-type connectors. Great for making custom coax cables. Still thinking about streakers coax diagram.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    Still thinking about streakers coax diagram.
    Which coax diagram?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

The one that keeps you're video signals inside you're network. I still have it, I copied that bad boy right away

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    The one that keeps you're video signals inside you're network. I still have it, I copied that bad boy right away
    ahh.. I still have it on my website, if you need it again.. I know my site was down for a while, but it's there now. If you start working on that and run into trouble feel free to drop me a line about it.

Ok cool, says its down. Is this the one on you're profile?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast